- Edward Atkin CBE was awarded the Mensforth International Manufacturing Gold Medal by the Institution of Engineering and Technology in 2006. 
Edward Atkin is a philanthropist and businessman who sits on the board of directors of the campaign wing of the UK climate science denial group the Global Warming Policy Foundation (GWPF) – the Global Warming Policy Forum. , 
Edward Atkin, who sold his baby care manufacturing business, Cannon Avent, for £300m in 2005, was revealed to be a GWPF funder in 2014. Atkin donated £20,000 each year between 2012 and 2016 to the GWPF through his Atkin Charitable Foundation. , , 
The foundation’s aims and activities are listed in its Charity Commission entry as the “relief of poverty, distress and sickness, the advancement of education, the protection of health and any other charitable purpose.” 
Atkin is also a Conservative Party donor, having donated almost £230,000 to the party since 2002, according to Electoral Commission data. The records show Atkin also donated £2,000 to Boris Johnson in 2008 during his London mayoral campaign. 
Stance on Climate Change
While Atkin does not appear to have publicly revealed his stance on climate change, he has funded the GWPF which has released reports claiming “policies to ‘stop climate change’ are based on climate models that completely failed to predict the lack of warming for the past two decades” and contends that “carbon dioxide has been mercilessly demonized as ‘carbon pollution’, when in fact it is a benefit to the planet.” 
Atkin criticised government regulations, saying:
“The biggest single reason why entrepreneurs start their own business is because they do not like being told by anyone what to do, especially when they have little or no respect for the people handing out the instructions.” 
- Global Warming Policy Forum (campaigning wing of the Global Warming Policy Foundation) — Trustee. 
- Conservative Party — Donor. 
- Sport Magazine — Director. 
- Holdings — Director. 
- Kinvale Property Investments — Director. 
- ARCC INNOVATIONS — Director. 
- CAH Estates (2) — Director. 
- C.A. Holdings PLC —Director. 
- Cannon Guarantee — Director. 
- The Cannon Rubber Manufacturer — Director. 
Edward Atkin does not appear to be active on social media.
Edward Atkin does not appear to have published any articles, op eds or other articles in major news sources.
- “Recipients of the Mensforth Manufacturing Gold Medal,” The Institution of Engineering and Technology. Archived .pdf on file at DeSmog.
- “Philanthropists recognised in Queen’s Birthday Honours,” Philanthropy Impact, June 20, 2011. Archived December 7, 2018. Archive.fo URL: http://archive.fo/jlSIU
- “Board Members,” Global Warming Policy Forum. Archived December 7, 2018. Archive.fo URL: http://archive.fo/p23E3
- Alistair Osborne. “Baby group tips scales at £300m,” The Telegraph, May 23, 2005. Archived December 7, 2018. Archive.fo URL: http://archive.fo/ZDGip
- Brendan Montague. “David ‘Go Green’ Cameron’s Top Donors Financing Climate Denial,” DeSmog UK, September 28, 2014.
- Mat Hope. “Charitable donor drops funding for Nigel Lawson’s climate science denying charity,” The Ecologist, September 20, 2018. Archived December 7, 2018. Archive.fo URL: http://archive.fo/9ShFw
- “Atkin Charitable Foundation”, Charity Commission. Archived December 7, 2018. Archive.fo URL: http://archive.fo/u2eXK
- “Edward Atkin,” The Electoral Commission. Archived December 7, 2018. Archive.fo URL: http://archive.fo/K7mZ8
- “Birthday honour for donor,” The Jewish Chronicle, June 23, 2011. Archived December 7, 2018. Archived .pdf on file at DeSmog.
- Simon Taylor. “Lunch With… Motor Sport,” MotorSport Archive, July 2014. Archived December 7, 2018. Archive.fo URL: http://archive.fo/Kt9ok
- Andrew Montford. “Unintended Consequences of Climate Change Policy” (PDF), Global Warming Policy Foundation, January 2015. Archived August 17, 2015.
- “Edward ATKIN,” Companies House. Archived December 7, 2018. Archive.fo URL: http://archive.fo/FGhJK
Image Credit: Royal Academy of Engineering