- BSc, Birmingham-Southern College
- M.S. Engineering, Vanderbuilt University 
Paul is the American Coalition for Clean Coal Electricity (ACCCE)’s President & CEO, overseeing government relations at the federal level as well as policy analysis. Previously he was the Senior Vice President for Federal Affairs and Policy. Bailey has had a number of appointments including serving as the Governmental Affairs Director at the Southern Company, the Director of Environment, Health and Safety at the American Petroleum Institute, Vice President of Environmental Affairs at the Edison Electric Institute, and Director of Office and planning at the Department of Energy under the George H.W. Bush administration. , 
Stance on Climate Change
February 18, 2017
In a statement published on the Alberta Clean Coal Electricity website, Paul Bailey Congratulated Scott Pruitt on his nomination to lead the Environmental Protection Agency. He was confident that Pruitt would instill common sense and avoid overreach and said:
“Administrator Pruitt and the Trump Administration are expected to reverse course on the $8 billion per year Clean Power Plan, which its supporters claim would help prevent climate change, even though it would reduce sea level rise by the thickness of two sheets of paper.” 
April 14, 2017
In an article from the Daily Caller, Bailey discussed Donald Trump’s recent repeal of The Environmental Protection Agency’s Clean Power Plan, The plan limited carbon dioxide emissions from power plants, which Bailey referred to as “only the beginning of a series of regulatory reforms needed to help the coal industry.” 
April 12, 2017
In an article published by E&E News Online, Bailey spoke on behalf of the ACCCE about being in communication with lawmakers to discuss providing incentives for a power company to plan a new coal-fired facility. When talking about the possibility of coal plants receiving tax breaks from the government, he said:
“Why shouldn’t a high-efficiency coal plant that could some day employ carbon capture get a boost from state policy? I would see it as leveling the playing field.” 
February 7, 2017
Paul Bailey was the author of a letter to the editor in the Springfield News Leader titled “How Scott Pruitt will help Missouri,” outlining the various ways the newly appointed head of the Environmental Protection Agency will produce legislation that is in the best interest of Missouri citizens. Speaking about his intention to “end the war on coal”, he stated:
“Missouri has one of the nation’s largest fleets of coal-fired power plants. Unfortunately, many coal-fired power plants in Missouri have also shut down or will be shutting down because of the EPA’s anti-coal policies. Fortunately, President Trump promised to end the war against coal, and Pruitt is the right person to carry out that promise.” 
October 27, 2016
Bailey gave a speech at the Indiana Energy Conference titled “Keeping Coal at the Forefront.” In a power point from his talk, he listed reasons to have a U.S. coal fleet, including “serve as a hedge against natural gas prices” and “prevent unnecessary capital expenditures for new generating capacity.” , 
- American Coalition for Clean Coal Electricity — President & CEO.
- American Petroleum Institute — Director of Health & Environmental Affairs.
Paul Bailey is not active on social media.
A search of google scholar does provide any results for Paul Bailey. 
1. “Paul Bailey,” Relationship Science. Archived April 30, 2017. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/Q9f2n
2. “Paul Bailey – Senior Vice President for Federal Affairs and Policy,” American Coalition for Clean Coal Electricity. Archived April 30, 2017. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/flTXo
3. “Paul Bailey – President and CEO” American Coalition for Clean Coal Electricity. Archived April 30, 2017. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/3x8ij
4. Paul Bailey. “ACCCE congratulates EPA‘s new administrator Scott Pruitt,” American Coalition for Clean Coal Energy. Archived April 30, 2017. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/moZme
5. Michael Bastach. “The Coal Industry may have ‘a fighting chance’ under Trump,” The Daily Caller. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/aTWLv
6. Emily Holden. “Coal Lobby says it is exploring building new US plant.” Archived April 27, 2017. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/f5ulS
7. Paul Bailey. “How Scott Pruitt will help Missouri,” Springfield News-Leader. Archived April 30, 2017.
8. “Indiana Energy Conference Program Agenda.” Archived April 27, 2017. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/ACd2i
9. Paul Bailey “Realizing the future of Energy,” Power Point presentation. Archived on DeSmog.
10. Google Scholar search for author “Paul Bailey,” Performed April 30, 2017.