Who we are
DeSmog UK was launched in September 2014 as a specialist investigative outlet dedicated to cutting through the spin clouding the debate on energy and the environment in Britain. In April 2021, the content of DeSmog.co.uk was merged with DeSmog.com to create a global investigative outlet to combat misinformation around the world and consolidate our research and news archives into one comprehensive website.
DeSmog’s UK operations continue to fall under the remit of DeSmog UK Ltd, a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee (company number 11042361).
The company is overseen by a Board of Directors. The current directors are:
- Mohamed Adow: Director of Power Shift Africa, a climate and energy think tank based in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Brendan DeMelle: Executive Director of DeSmog.com.
- Rosalind Donald: Postdoctoral Associate in Environmental Justice and Communication at University of Miami.
- Mat Hope: Senior Strategist, Strategic Communications at European Climate Foundation. Former Special Projects and Investigations Editor of DeSmog.
- Sophie Marjanac: Climate Accountability Lead for environmental law charity ClientEarth.
- Chris Shaw: Senior Researcher at Climate Outreach, a climate communications charitable company.
DeSmog UK Ltd is predominantly funded by charitable and philanthropic trusts, including The Joseph Rowntree Charitable Trust, Polden Puckham Charitable Foundation, and The Minor Foundation.
DeSmog UK also accepts donations from readers via Patreon. Like what we do? Become a patron today!
Making a complaint
If you would like to make a complaint, please contact [email protected]