Anthony J. (Tony) Sadar
- M.Ed., Science Education, University of Pittsburgh (2006). 
- M.S., Environmental Science, University of Cincinnati (1984). 
- B. S., Meteorology, Pennsylvania State University (1976). 
Anthony J. (Tony) Sadar is a professor at Geneva College, a Christian college in Beaver Falls, PA. According to their website, “Geneva is committed to a Christian worldview that acknowledges God’s sovereignty over every area of creation. This includes every field of study, every athletic program and every extracurricular pursuit.” 
According to Sadar’s website, he is also a part-time instructor at Penn State’s Beaver campus where he teaches meteorology, climatology, and earth science. He describes himself as a Certified Consulting Meteorologist, while his primary experience appears to be in air pollution meteorology. 
Sadar owns a private consulting business, Environmental Science Communication, LLC. and according to one profile he has worked on “a number of power-industry projects related to environmental impacts.”
He has also written articles for the power industry on how to communicate with the public, avoid negative publicity, and to “To achieve success in both the actual and perceived protection of the environment.” 
Sadar appears to be a proponent of the theory of intelligent design and teaches a course “ID & Evolution” at Geneva College. He recently published a book titled In Global Warming We Trust which compares mainstream climate science to a medieval religion. 
Stance on Climate Change
“Everyone has been conditioned to believe that an extremely complex climate system is largely controlled by a single simple gas – carbon dioxide – even though the biggest single climate regulator on Earth is most likely water… . Besides, could other uncontrollable factors like variation in incoming solar radiation and cosmic rays, as some atmospheric scientists have proposed, have a dominant influence over climate? 
“For the power industry, especially nuclear plants, public and media perception of the environmental impact of facility operations has always been a concern… . To achieve success in both the actual and perceived protection of the environment, the power industry would do well to address the entire ‘environmental system’.” 
“New discoveries are revealing the increased superabundance in complexity of life at its basic level. It seems that the living cell more and more can be compared with the most advanced supercomputers, and as such, by analogy, it compels a reasonable consideration that maybe, just maybe, at some time in the very distant past, some thought was given to life’s origin.” 
“Global temperatures continue to level off, despite predictions from vaunted computer climate models and strident claims of climate catastrophe within and beyond the college campus.” 
“Today’s crisis-mongering climate science is run like a shady business. It soaks the middle class and deprives the world’s poor of a better tomorrow.” 
“…the man-made-climate-catastrophe scientists, with enormous financial support from big government and the aid of media and PR promoters, continue to hawk their limited view of the atmosphere.” 
January 5, 2017
Anthony J. Sadar was a signatory to a Cornwall Alliance open letter supporting Scott Pruitt for EPA Administrator under the Trump administration. 
“Mr. Pruitt has also demonstrated understanding of and open-mindedness toward scientific insights crucial to the formulation and implementation of environmental regulation. He is prepared to hear all sides in debates over the risks and benefits of various activities that come under the purview of the EPA,” reads the letter.
On January 12, 2017, Senate Democrats raised conflict of interest concerns regarding Scott Prutt’s fossil fuel ties. Pruitt had spent years working to combat the Obama Administration’s Clean Power Plan. 
In an open letter to the Office of Government Ethics, members of the Senate’s environmental panel commented:
“During his tenure as Attorney General of Oklahoma, Mr. Pruitt has blurred the distinction between official and political actions, often at the behest of corporations he will regulate if confirmed to lead EPA,” the letter said. “Public reporting based on documents produced by Freedom of Information Act requests illustrate how Mr. Pruitt and members of his staff have worked closely with fossil fuel lobbyists to craft his office’s official positions.”
Pruitt was further grilled on his fossil fuel ties at his confirmation hearing on January 18. 
Some notable signatories of the Cornwall Alliance letter, as of January 5, 2017, included:
- Tim Ball
- Charles G. Battig
- E. Calvin Beisner
- H. Sterling Burnett
- Kenneth Chilton
- Donn Dears
- John Droz
- James E. Enstrom
- Joseph Farah
- Steve Goreham
- Jay Grimstead
- William Happer
- Richard Land
- David Legates
- Richard S. Lindzen
- Anthony R. Lupo
- Rod D. Martin
- Anthony J. Sadar
- Willie Soon
- Roy W. Spencer
- David J. Theroux
- James A. Wanliss
- Anthony Watts
- Peter W. Wood
- Thomas H. Wysmuller
- Benjamin Zycher
Sadar published his book, In Global Warming We Trust: A Heretic’s Guide to Climate Science which contends that modern climate science is the result of a religious cult.
According to the book’s description, a “cult of progressive environmentalism” has “swept the globe,” and modern climate science “has been seized by activists who put their political agenda ahead of scientific rigor and objectivity.” 
Anthony J Sadar is a signatory to the Cornwall Alliance’s “Evangelical Declaration on Global Warming,” listed under the category of “scientists and medical doctors” who signed. 
Those who sign the declaration must deny “that carbon dioxide—essential to all plant growth—is a pollutant. Reducing greenhouse gases cannot achieve significant reductions in future global temperatures, and the costs of the policies would far exceed the benefits.”
The declaration also asserts the following:
“Earth and its ecosystems—created by God’s intelligent design and infinite power and sustained by His faithful providence —are robust, resilient, self-regulating, and self-correcting, admirably suited for human flourishing, and displaying His glory. Earth’s climate system is no exception. Recent global warming is one of many natural cycles of warming and cooling in geologic history.”
- Cornwall Alliance for the Stewardship of Creation — Endorser of the “Evangelical Declaration on Global Warming.” 
- Environmental Science Communication, LLC. — Founder. 
- Environmental Technology magazine — Member, Editorial Review Board, (1999 – 2000). 
- SE Technologies, Inc. — Chief Environmental Scientist (1997 – 2000). 
- Concurrent Technologies Corporation, Pittsburgh Operations — Senior Environmental Specialist (1997). 
- Center for Hazardous Materials Research (CHMR) — Manager, Air Projects (1989 – 1997). 
According to a search of Google Scholar, Anthony J Sadar has never published in a peer-reviewed journal on the subject of climate change. He has published some articles on air pollution dispersion, and the aurora borealis.
Anthony J Sadar has written numerous commentaries at The Washington Examiner and The Washington Times, largely on what he believes is the flaws with mainstream climate science. He has also written numerous book reviews on books about climate change skepticism. A full list of his publications is available here.
- In Global Warming We Trust: A Heretic’s Guide to Climate Science, Telescope Books, St. Louis, 2012
- Environmental Risk Communication: Principles and Practices for Industry, CRC Press LLC/Lewis Publishers, Boca Raton, 2000 (co-author, M. Shull)
- “Anthony J. (Tony) Sadar,” Profile at Geneva College. Accessed August 21, 2012.
- “About Geneva,” Geneva College. Accessed August 21, 2012.
- Anthony J. Sadar. “The Perspective of a Lifetime on Atmospheric Modeling,” American Thinker, August 4, 2012.
- Anthony J. Sadar. “Public Support of Power Plants Requires Effective Communications,” PennEnergy, Volume 105, Issue 11.
- “New Book Likens Manmade Global Warming to a Religious Cult; Argues the UN’s Environmental Programs Will Hurt the Poor,” PRWeb, August 20, 2012.
- “In global warming we trust,” The Washington Times, February 23, 2009.
- Anthony J. Sadar. “BOOK REVIEW: Wise defense of intelligent design,” The Washington Times, August 18, 2010.
- “The intolerance of ‘science’,” The Examiner (Opinion section), July 16, 2012.
- Anthony J. Sadar. “In Global Warming We Trust,” Google Books. Archived January 24, 2016.
- “BOOK REVIEW: Redressing global climate hysteria,” The Washington Times, March 29, 2011.
- “Prominent Signers of An Evangelical Declaration on Global Warming,” Cornwall Alliance For The Stewardship of Creation, January 14, 2010.
- “Anthony J. Sadar, M.S., CCM,” resume at Anthony J. Sadar’s personal website, Archived October 27, 2009.
- “Open Letter Supporting Scott Pruitt for EPA Administrator,” Cornwall Alliance, January 5, 2017. Archived January 19, 2017. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/xMash
- Ben Jervey. “Mapping EPA Nominee Scott Pruitt’s Many Fossil Fuel Ties,” DeSmog, January 13, 2017.
- Ben Jervey and Steve Horn. “EPA Nominee Scott Pruitt Gets Grilled on Fossil Fuel Ties at Confirmation Hearing,” DeSmog, January 18, 2017.