- Dr.rer.nat. (Doctor of Science), Geology. 
Friedrich-Karl Ewert is a geologist and emeritus professor of geophysics at the University of Paderborn. He is a member of the Advisory Board of the German climate change skeptic organization European Institute for Climate and Energy (EIKE). 
Stance on Climate Change
“Menschliche Aktivitäten verursachen nicht in entscheidender Weise den Klimawandel,” Translated: “Human activities do not cause climate change decisively.” 
“Between the years 2010 and 2012 the data measured since 1881 were altered so that they showed a significant warming, especially after 1950…. A comparison of the data from 2010 with the data of 2012 shows that NASA–GISS had altered its own datasets so that especially after WWII, a clear warming appears – although it never existed.” , 
“The facts are: Ever since the Little Ice Age, we have been warming up again. We don’t have global climate change; what we have are normal temperature fluctuations. We have had parallel cooling and warming episodes. No CO2 influence can be detected. Since 2000, we have been cooling off again. And, data have been manipulated in order to fake a warming trend: Climategate. The IPCC’s scenarios are failures. And in conclusion, ladies and gentlemen, this analysis can be verified—any one of you can do it!” 
“Contrary to computer based scenarios – and hence contrary to what is generally believed — anthropogenic CO2 is meaningless because its influence is not recognizable. Of course this result complies with the basic laws of physics and is not really surprising.” 
“increasing solar activity” is “probably the reason” for a “slow global warming since the mid-19th century.” 
November 23–24, 2018
Ewert was listed on the program for the 12th conference of the European Institute for Climate and Energy (EIKE), also billed as the Heartland Institute‘s 13th International Conference on Climate Change (ICCC13). According to a translation of the agenda, he spoke on “CO2 decrease – The opposite would be true” on November 24. 
Friedrich-Karl Ewert was a speaker at the combination eleventh International Conference on Climate Change (ICCC-11) and the Ninth International Conference on Climate and Energy (ICCE-9) sponsored by both the Heartland Institute and EIKE.
His speech, titled “Global Warming – Temperature Readings vs. Temperature Interpretations” can be viewed below.
Fellow climate change denier and journalist Gunter Ederer wrote a piece (German) claiming that there had been “massive alterations” to NASA temperature data, citing analysis by Friedrich-Karl Ewert as evidence (as reported by the skeptical blog NoTricksZone): , 
“From the publicly available data, Ewert made an unbelievable discovery: Between the years 2010 and 2012 the data measured since 1881 were altered so that they showed a significant warming, especially after 1950.” Ederer writes. “A comparison of the data from 2010 with the data of 2012 shows that NASA–GISS had altered its own datasets so that especially after WWII a clear warming appears – although it never existed.” 
According to CNSNews, Ederer made similar claims at the 2012 EIKE Climate Confernece in Germany. “He always came to the same conclusion: The temperature supplied from 2012 showed a higher warming than the published [archived data] in 2010,” Ederer wrote. 
“Between the years 2010 and 2012 the data measured since 1881 were altered so that they showed a significant warming, especially after 1950…. A comparison of the data from 2010 with the data of 2012 shows that NASA–GISS had altered its own datasets so that especially after WWII, a clear warming appears – although it never existed,” Ederer writes.
“Using the NASA data from 2010 the surface temperature globally from 1940 until today has fallen by 1.110°C, and since 2000 it has fallen 0.4223°C. … The cooling has hit every continent except for Australia, which warmed by 0.6339°C since 2000. The figures for Europe: From 1940 to 2010, using the data from 2010, there was a cooling of 0.5465°C and a cooling of 0.3739°C since 2000.” 
Friedrich-Karl Ewert was a speaker (PDF) at the combination eighth International Conference on Climate Change (ICCC-8) and the Fifth International Conference on Climate and Energy (ICCE-5) sponsored by both the Heartland Institute and EIKE. 
His speech, titled “NASA GIS Changes Temperature Data Retroactively – Why?” can be viewed below. He gave a speech of the same title on September 17, 2012 at another EIKE-sponsored event. In his previous speech, Ewert implied that NASA is guilty of manipulating temperature records. 
September 17, 2012
Spoke at an event organized by EIKE and the Berlin Manhattan Institute. His presentation was titled “NASA GISS Changes Temperature Data Retroactively – Why?” and suggested that “NASA retroactively altered important temperature data and so led to false results in climate science.”
Ewert claims that The American GISS (Goddard Institute of Space Science) altered temperature data “so that the present can appear to be warmer.” 
November 25, 2011
Ewert was a speaker at EIKE‘s 4th International Conference on Energy and Climate Change. “[O]ur conference features international top scientists and experts, presenting pressing evidence to reconsider or stop the current policies aimed at ‘saving the climate’,” reads a description of the event at the Berlin Manhattan Institute. Friedrich-Karl Ewert’s speech was titled “Mission impossible – geological facts of carbon capture and storage in Germany.” 
Ewert spoke at a conference in Rüsselsheim, Germany hosted by the Schiller Institute titled “Rescuing Civilization From the Brink.” His speech was titled “The Anthropogenic Climate Change Swindle.” Translated video of the conference is available here. , 
“[A]s a geologist, I asked myself, ‘What exactly are they telling you about this climate change?’” Ewert said. “But there’s nothing special about it; we’ve always had climate change. Temperatures on the Earth have been stable only temporarily, and for the most part they have changed after a short time.” 
Ewert spoke at a briefing hosted by CFACT and EIKE which featured presentations that “build upon the analysis of Professor S. Fred Singer and provide information on the geological record, solar activity and the big question — is our climate governed by man or nature?” The briefing was introduced by fellow German skeptic Wolfgang Müller. 
Friedrich-Karl Ewert was a speaker at the 3rd International Energy and Climate Conference hosted by the European Institute for Climate and Energy (EIKE). Other event organizers included the Berlin Manhattan Institute, CFACT, Haus der Zukunft, and Friedrich Naumann Stiftung für die Freiheit. 
Other notable speakers included:
Friedrich-Karl Ewert presented at a press conference by EIKE where he describes why he believes that “Long-term temperature readings disprove man-made global warming.”
According to Ewert, “anthropogenic CO2 is meaningless because its influence is not recognizable.” 
Ewert is one of the principal signatories of an open letter to German Chancellor Dr. Angela Merkel which implored her to “abandon the pseudo-religion of anthropogenic warming.”
According to the letter, “anthropogenic CO2 plays no discernible role [in climate change]. The proportion of radiation absorbed by CO2 is already nearly exhausted by the current concentration. Even if CO2 had an effect and all fossil fuel reserves are burned, would the additional heating term limited to the range of tenths of a degree.” 
January 30, 2009
Friedrich-Karl Ewert spoke at an event at the University of Paderborn. His lecture was titled (roughly translated) “Climate Change – Our CO 2?” and set out to “refute the popular thesis that should decisively human activities contribute to climate change.” 
Some sample publications below:
- “How Natural is the Recent Centennial Warming? An Analysis of 2249 Surface Temperature Records” (PDF), International Journal of Modern Physics, C, Vol. 22, No. 10, doi:10.1142/S0129183111016798 (2011). 
- “Geologie des Südteiles der Baskischen Pyrenäen,” Münster, Math.-naturwiss. F., Diss. v. 28. Febr. 1964 (Nicht f. d. Aust.). 
According to the article description: “This article is not a scientific publication. Rather it highlights frequently discussed arguments and current issues regarding the alleged danger of global warming. These key issues are based on real temperature records and field observations. Computer modeling is disregarded.”
- “Climate Change: An Open Letter to Chancellor Merkel – ‘anthropogenic refute temperature measurements from 1701 caused temperature fluctuations’,” EIKE, July 26, 2009. Archived July 5, 2012. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/bp8OZ
- “Advisory Board,” EIKE. Accessed November 18, 2012. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/QHooK
- “Sind die Klimadaten manipuliert?” Achgut.com, November 18, 2015. Archived September 10, 2016. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/SqNXr
- P Gosselin. “’Massively Altered’ …German Professor Examines NASA GISS Temperature Datasets,” NoTricksZone, November 20, 2015. Archived September 10, 2016. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/mQeyh
- “von Prof. Dr. Friedrich-Karl Ewert über:Klimawandel – unser CO 2 ???“ Universität-Gesamthochschule Paderborn, January 30, 2009. Archived October 20, 2010. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/MPtqk
- Barbara Hollingsworth. “German Scientist Accused NASA of ‘Massive’ Temperature Alterations,” CNSNews.com, November 30, 2015. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/pkZYy
- “Manipulierte Temperatur-Daten? Erderwärmung – was wurde gemessen und wie wurde ausgewertet?” EIKE, November 24, 2015. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/dyZMz
- “The Fraud of Anthropogenic Climate Change” (PDF), EIR Science, August 19, 2011.
- “What do we see when we use THREE centuries of temperature data?“ The SPPI Blog, September 27, 2010. Archived September 10, 2016. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/oeN1F
- “Climate skeptic Sideshow by the province,” Klimaretter.info, November 21, 2010. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/2toAJ
- “8th International Conference on Climate Change (ICCC-8): V International Conference on Climate and Energy (ICCE-5). Hotel Bayerischer Hof, Munich, November 30 – December 1, 2012” (PDF) retrieved from eike-klima-energy.eu on November, 2012.
- P Gosselin. “Ross McKitrick And German Professor In Berlin To Present Mann’s Hockey Stick, GISS Temperature Alterations,” NoTricksZone, September 14, 2012. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/ZD8C0
- “4th International Conference on Energy and Climate Change,” Berlin Manhattan Institute. Archived January 2, 2013. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/csNPG
- “Schiller Institute Conference: ‘Rescuing Civilization From the Brink’,” The Schiller Institute. Accessed November 18, 2012. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/NR8q1
- “Prof. Ewert: The Anthropogenic Climate Change Swindle,” YouTube video. Uploaded by user “LAROUCHEpunktSE,” July 18, 2011.
- Michael Goetz. “CFACT / EIKE scientific briefing – Bonn climate conference. Watch now from the UNFCCC,” CFACT, June 8, 2011. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/phs2m
- “3rd INTERNATIONAL ENERGY AND CLIMATE CONFERENCE” (PDF), eike-klima-energie.eu.
- “How Natural is the Recent Centennial Warming? An Analysis of 2249 Surface Temperature Records” (PDF), International Journal of Modern Physics, C, Vol. 22, No. 10, doi:10.1142/S0129183111016798 (2011). Archived .pdf on file at Desmog.
- “Geologie des Südteiles der Baskischen Pyrenäen,” Münster, Math.-naturwiss. F., Diss. v. 28. Febr. 1964 (Nicht f. d. Aust.). Retrieved from Worldcat.org.
- Friedrich-Karl Ewert. “Key issues disproving global warming” (PDF), EIKE, July 25, 2009. Archived .pdf on file at Desmog.
- “11th International Conference on Climate Change (ICCC-8): International Conference on Climate and Energy (ICCE-9), program,” (PDF) December 11 – 12, 2015. Archived May 22, 2018.
- “Program – 12th International Climate and Energy Conference” EIKE. Translated via Google Translate. Archived November 23, 2018. Archive.fo URL: https://archive.fo/NndcT