Michael R. Fox (Deceased)
- Ph.D, Physical Chemistry, University of Washington (1965). 
- B.S. in Mathematics and Chemistry, St. Martin’s College (1959). 
Fox’s bio at the Grassroot Institute of Hawaii (GIH) states he “is a retired nuclear scientist and university chemistry professor. He is the science and energy writer/reporter for the HawaiiReport.com. A resident of Kaneohe, Hawaii, he has nearly 40 years experience in the energy field.” More recently, Fox lived in Washington State. 
According to the Hawaii Reporter, “Mike wrote dozens of articles over the years that comforted scientists and many conservatives with his exposes on what he called corrupt and phony science and he angered many man made global warming believers. He took no prisoners when it came to taking on powerful people like former Vice President Al Gore and the claims Gore made about climate change.”
Stance on Climate Change
July 18, 2007
“It seems more logical that natural forces are still at work with warming and cooling our climate. It appears that the Sun’s magnetic field has had a stronger effect on our climate than just the variations in solar irradiance could explain.
Political leaders, environmental advocates, and even Oscar-winning documentarians who claim that ‘the debate of climate science is over’, have been shown once again to be very wrong.” 
May 7, 2008
“Instead of refusing to allow drilling for oil and natural gas on what it considers environmentally sensitive federal lands and coastal waters, Congress should open them up. Shutting away areas that hold a large part of the estimated 112 billion barrels of recoverable oil and 656 trillion cubic feet of natural gas in the United States is a luxury we can no longer afford, not when federal policy constrains energy production and contributes to rising energy costs for the American consumer.” 
March 2–4, 2008
Fox was a speaker at the Heartland Institute‘s First International Conference on Climate Change (ICCC1) where he gave a speech titled “Global Warming Politics and Lessons from the Nuclear Industry.”
- The Advancement of Sound Science Coalition (TASSC) — Past “Key scientist and academician.” 
- Grassroot Institute of Hawaii (GIH) — Past Senior fellow. 
- The Heartland Institute — Past “Expert.” 
Fox had written numerous non-scientific articles questioning the existence of man-made global warming.
He launched a column called “Fox Energy and Environment Reports” in Hawaii Reporter in 2003.
- “Nuclear Scientist and Hawaii Reporter Columnist Mike Fox Dies After Battle with Cancer,” The Hawaii Reporter, November 8, 2011.
- “Dr. Michael R. Fox 1936 — 2011,” The Fox Report. Accessed December 9, 2011.
- “Staff and Board Members: Michael R. Fox Ph.D.,” Grassroot Institute of Hawaii. Accessed December 9, 2011.
- “When Physics Trumps Hysteria in Global Warming,” Grassroot Institute of Hawaii, July 18, 2007.
- Michael R. Fox. “Time to Drill for American Oil,” Grassroot Institute of Hawaii, May 7, 2008.
- “Partial Listing of Key Scientists and Academians Supporting the Advancement of Sound Science Coalition (TASSC),” Legacy Tobacco Documents Library. Accessed December 9, 2011.
- “First International Conference on Climate Change” (PDF) Heartland Institute. Archived January 23, 2018.