Rob K Scagel
- M.Sc. (Botany). 
Rob Scagel is listed as the “principal consultant” for a company called Pacific Phytometric Consultants based in Surrey, BC, Canada. 
Scagel is signatory to a number of petitions and letters questioning the severity or existence of man-made climate change.
Stance on Climate Change
March 4, 2008
Scagel is a signatory to the Manhattan Declaration on Climate Change which states “global climate has always changed and always will, independent of the actions of humans, and that carbon dioxide (CO2) is not a pollutant but rather a necessity for all life.”
Scagel commented on Al Gore’s statement that fewer days of frost have helped spread the the mountain pine beetle epidemic:
“The MPB (mountain pine beetle) is a species native to this part of North America and is always present. The MPB epidemic started as comparatively small outbreaks and through forest management inaction got completely out of hand,” Scagel was quoted in the National Post. 
Scagel is listed as a signatory to the “Paris Climate Challenge,” under the category of “science and technology experts well qualified in climate Science.” 
The Paris Climate Challenge (PCC15) consisted of a meeting of climate change deniers at Rue de la Rochefoucauld in Paris and was held by Roger Helmer MEP and Piers Corbyn. Lord Christopher Monckton was a speaker at the event. 
March 4, 2008
Scagel is listed as a “Climate Expert” who signed the 2008 Manhattan Declaration on Climate Change. The Declaration was first presented at the Heartland Institute’s 2008 International Conference on Climate Change. 
The Manhattan Declaration claims that “human-caused climate change is not a global crisis” and recommends “world leaders reject the views expressed by the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.” 
December 13, 2007
Scagel was a signatory to an open letter to UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon which claims that “It is not possible to stop climate change, a natural phenomenon that has affected humanity through the ages.” The letter adds that “The current UN focus on ‘fighting climate change,’ as illustrated in the Nov. 27 UN Development Programme’s Human Development Report, is distracting governments from adapting to the threat of inevitable natural climate changes, whatever forms they may take.” 
- Natural Resource Stewardship Project (NRSP) — Past “Allied Expert.” The NRSP is now defunct. 
- International Climate Science Coalition (ICSC) — Member, “Policy Advisory Board.” 
- Pacific Phytometric — Principal consultant. 
According to a search of Google Scholar, Rob Scagel has written primarily in the area of forestry and plant growth.
- “CLIMATE EXPERTS WHO SIGNED MANHATTAN DECLARATION,” International Climate Science Coalition. Archived October 12, 2017. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/CCCMx
- “The gods are laughing,” National Post, June 7, 2006. Archived January 7, 2007. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/tg9YV
- “Open Letter to the Secretary-General of the United Nations,” Science and Public Policy Institute, December 13, 2007.
- “NRSP People,” Natural Resources Stewardship Project. Archived March 15, 2007.
- “WHO WE ARE,” International Climate Science Coalition. Archived October 13, 2017. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/k2AdU
- “Manhattan Declaration on Climate Change,” International Climate Science Coalition. Archived October 12, 2017. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/9R2aD
- Brendan Montague. “Obama’s Secret Plot to Launch Communist World State at Paris Climate Conference*” DeSmogBlog, December 3, 2015.
- “Expert Signatories,” Paris Climate Challenge. Archived October 12, 2017. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/MqJ7c
- Richard Littlemore. “Denying Climate Change; Urging Inaction,” DeSmog, April 19, 2006.