Alexandra Liddy Bourne
- B.S.N. (Bachelor of Science in Nursing), College of New Rochelle. 
- M.S.N., Catholic University of America. 
She was the Heartland Institute’s vice-president for policy and strategy from 2006 until December 2008 and acted as Heartland’s Washington DC media spokesman and liaison to Heartland’s Legislative Advisors (elected officials), donors, and allies. 
Bourne was the past director of the Energy, Environment, Natural Resources and Agriculture Task Force for the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) and advisor to the ALEC Homeland Security Working Group. 
She is the former Director of the Energy, Environment, Natural Resources and Agriculture Task Force, ALEC Member, Virginia Board of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Bourne authored the 2004 ALEC publication “‘Sons-of-Kyoto’ Legislation: Greenhouse Gas Regulation in the States,” where she argued that the Kyoto Protocol and the movement behind it threatened to ruin the free market system and turn the global economy over to a “carbon cartel.”
Stance on Climate Change
“Regardless of the scientific uncertainty and the economic costs, there is an orchestrated movement to force the federal government and the American public to implement Kyoto-like registration and develop a cap and trade carbon emission system. Ultimately, this system will create a national energy tax in the short term and has implications that may harm free trade in the future. The legacy that we may hand over to future generations is not one of individual choices in a free market system, but one of lost opportunities in a global market controlled by a carbon cartel.” 
June 23, 2009
Bourne made the following comments on the EPA’s proposed endangerment finding on greenhouse gas emissions, reported The Heartland Institute:
“This is poor methodology and a dangerous precedent to use to protect public health in that it directs resources to potential threats and outliers in data as opposed to current environmental threats that are having a significant detrimental effect upon human health. There is no direct evidence that increased levels of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere have had a significant impact in respiratory diseases or cardiovascular diseases.” 
In 2008 Bourne announced that the implementation of climate legislation would burden the Southern States and lead to “another Civil War here in a short period of time, because the cost is going to go up.” 
Bourne was a speaker at a NCPA Briefing on Global Warming titled “What Do We Really Know vs. What We Are Told.” Other speakers included prominent climate change deniers David Legates, Myron Ebell, and Patrick Michaels. 
- The Heartland Institute — Senior Fellow, Energy Policy. Vice president for policy and strategy, 2006 – December 2008. 
- The American Energy Freedom Center (AEFC) — Former executive director. 
- American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) — Past Director, Natural Resources Task Force 
- National Center for Policy Analysis (NCPA) — Formerly listed as an environmental expert. 
- @sandylbourne on Twitter
A search of Google Scholar reveals that Alexandrea Liddy Bourne has never published an article in a peer-reviewed journal on any subject.
The following citation is the only item listed (referencing an article originally published with the American Legislative Exchange Council):
- Alexandra Liddy Bourne. “Sons of Kyoto: Greenhouse Gas Regulation in the States” (PDF), American Legislative Exchange Council. Republished by the Heartland Institute.
- “Alexandra Liddy Bourne,” American Energy Freedom Center, June 2, 2009. Archived July 21, 2009. Archive URL: https://archive.ph/CRjto
- “Alexandra (Sandy) Liddy Bourne,” The Heartland Institute. Archived March 5, 2021. Archive URL: https://archive.ph/iBxoe
- “Alexandra Liddy Bourne,” National Center for Policy Analysis. Archived January 29, 2019. Archive URL:
- Alexandra Liddy Bourne. “Sons of Kyoto: Greenhouse Gas Regulation in the States” (PDF), American Legislative Exchange Council, January 2004. Retrieved from ALECExposed.org.
- “Comments of Alexandra Liddy Bourne, R.N., M.S.N, on EPA’s Proposed Endangerment Finding,” The Heartland Institute, June 23, 2009. Archived December 17, 2019. Archive URL: https://archive.ph/xCeWP
- “Heartland VP: ‘Yankee taxes’ on global warming will lead to ‘another Civil War’,” ThinkProgress, April 15, 2008. Archived June 16, 2021. Archive URL: https://archive.ph/xMudy
- “Alexandra (Sandy) Liddy Bourne – ICCC1,” International Conferences on Climate Change. Archived .mp4 on file at DeSmog.
- “NCPA Earth Day Briefing on Global Warming: ‘What Do We Really Know vs. What We Are Told’,” U.S. Newswire, April 20, 2004.
- “Environmental Experts,” The National Center for Policy Analysis. Archived October 20, 2012. WebCite URL: http://www.webcitation.org/6Bt1ol8Tv
- “Sandra Liddy Bourne,” SourceWatch profile.
- “Heartland Institute and ALEC Partner to Pollute Classroom Science,” Polluter Watch, March 30, 2012.