Brian G. Valentine
- Ph.D., Engineering Physics, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. 
- B.S., Chemistry and Physics, Siena College. 
Brian G. Valentine works with the U.S. Department of Energy’s Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Industrial Technologies Program, where he is listed as a contact for the areas of “petroleum” and “science coordination.”
The Department of Energy describes the program (PDF) as “partnering with industries with significant energy consumption to develop technologies that meet industry’s needs to reduce energy costs, improve productivity, and reduce environmental impacts.”
He was also an Adjunct Associate Professor of Engineering Science at the University of Maryland from 2000 to 2004.
Stance on Climate Change
“No ‘greenhouse’ gas other than water has ever influenced the global climate perceptibly.” 
“These people [the EPA] are just psychotic, that’s all, there’s no other word for it… . The United States doesn’t need to be governed by psychopaths; people who have lost their minds and all sense of proportion have no business telling other people what to do.” 
March 8–9, 2009
His speech, titled “Proposed Experimental Methods to Measure the Downward Directed Component of Radiation from CO2 in the Night Sky” can be viewed below.
DeSmogBlog researched the funding behind the conference and found that sponsor organizations had collectively received over $47 million from energy companies and right-wing foundations, with 78% of that total coming from the Scaife Family of foundations. 
Valentine was quoted by Senator James Inhofe as saying “No ‘greenhouse’ gas other than water has ever influenced the global climate perceptibly.”
Valentine submitted an opinion article about his inclusion in Inhofe’s document: (Note: original link appears dead.)
“All of us have allowed the use of our names for Sen. James Inhofe’s report to inspire more public discussion and understanding of what Albert Gore’s message is. The public needs to hear, understand and believe that there is no danger from carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.”
Signed the Manhattan Declaration on Climate Change which declares that “human-caused climate change is not a global crisis” and that there is “no convincing evidence that CO2 emissions from modern industrial activity has in the past, is now, or will in the future cause catastrophic climate change.” 
The Manhattan Declaration was presented at the Heartland Institute‘s 2008 International Conference on Climate Change, and has since been promoted by the International Climate Science Coalition (ICSC).
- U.S. Department of Energy – Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Industrial Technologies Program — Listed as a Contact in Industrial Technologies Program for “petroleum” and “science coordination.” 
- Freedom Action Network — Valentine has a personal page and blog on the site.
*Freedom Action describes itself as a “web-based gathering of grassroots activists” that regularly criticizes the EPA, environmental groups, and policies to reduce emissions. They recently ran an initiative to “Take Action to Stop EPA From Regulating Greenhouse Gas Emissions.”
According to a search of Google Scholar for the author “Brian G Valentine,” Valentine has not published any articles in peer reviewed journals on the subject of climate.
Valentine appears to be involved in studies for the chemical industry, performed by the Department of Energy’s “Industrial Technologies Program.” For example:
- “Contacts,” U.S. Department of Energy, Advanced Manufacturing Office. Accessed February 22, 2012.
- Brian G. Valentine’s comment on “Public Enemies,” Switchboard, June 23, 2008. Comment #1162, June 24, 2008, 12:20 AM. Republished by U.S. Senate Committee on Environment & Public Works, “Gore’s (Really) Inconvenient Timing – ‘Consensus’ On Man-Made Global Warming Collapses in 2008,” July 18, 2008.
- Brian G. Valentine, Comment on “Is it hot in here? Or is the climate changing?”, Grist Magazine, January 28, 2011. Comment posted on January 30, 2011, 10:22 p.m.
- Brian G. Valentine, Comment on “Don’t Mess with Texas.” August 3, 2010. Global Warming.org. Comment on August 3, 2010 at 6:07 pm.
- “The Second International Conference on Climate Change,” Heartland Institute. Archived January 23, 2018.
- “QUALIFIED ENDORSERS NOT AT CONFERENCE,” International Climate Science Coalition. Accessed February 22, 2012.
- “Open Letter to the Secretary-General of the United Nations,” December 13, 2007. Reprinted by the Science and Public Policy Institute.
- ”Heartland Institute’s 2009 Climate Conference in New York: funding history of the sponsors.” DeSmogBlog.
- “Brian Valentine,” SourceWatch Profile.