- M.A., University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (1985). 
- B.S., University of Wisconsin-Platteville (1983). 
David Herro is a US stockbroker and investment chief at Harris Associates. A Republican donor, Herro told the Financial Times in 2015 that he was a funder of the UK climate science denial group the Global Warming Policy Foundation (GWPF). , 
One week prior to the FT’s article being published, Herro donated to the Heartland Institute’s appeal to fund its trip to the Paris climate conference in December of that year. Herro has also donated to the Cato Institute, another U.S. climate science denying think tank. 
Herro is listed as an Illinois co-chair of the American Enterprise Institute’s (AEI) National Council – a group of business and community leaders from across the United States “who are committed to the values and success of the Institute”. The AEI is one of the most influential US think tanks, and has been an avid opponent of many environmental regulations, including the Kyoto Protocol. 
Stance on Climate Change
Herro ‘came out’ as a GWPF funder in an article in the Financial Times in which he attacked corporate leaders who have signed a pledge with Barack Obama to meet the challenge of climate change for “appeasing environmental extremism.” 
October 21, 2015
“Our corporate leaders would rather cave in to political pressure that is based on pop science and emotion than focus on creating shareholder value? How sad.”
In the lead up to the Paris climate conference, Herro donated $10,000 to the Heartland Institute’s Paris crowdfunding campaign titled “Pandemonium in Paris.” The Chicago-based free market think tank has long been at the forefront of denying the scientific evidence for man-made climate change. , 
Herro donated to the Cato Institute, a Koch-founded Washington, D.C.-based libertarian think tank. A 2012 document by the Cato Institute entitled “ADDENDUM: Global Climate Change Impacts in the United States” thanks Herro and other donors “for their support of the activities of the Centre for the Study of Science at the Cato Institute.” 
According to the Heartland Institute’s “2012 Fundraising Plan,” Herro donated $35,000 to the group in 2010, $60,000 in 2011, and was projected to donate a further $60,000 in 2012. These donations went to Heartland’s “ECN“ project – its monthly Environment & Climate News publication.
- Global Warming Policy Foundation (GWPF) — Donor. Listed as “Treasurer” of American Friends of the Global Warming Policy Foundation according to public 990 forms. 
- American Enterprise Institute (AEI) — Illinois National Council co-chair. 
- Harris Associates — Partner, Deputy Chairman and Chief Investment Officer – International Equity. 
David Herro does not appear to have written any articles in mainstream news publications.
- “David G. Herro, CFA,” Harris Associates. Archived January 9, 2018. Archive.fo URL: https://archive.fo/oW7Jt
- Stephen Foley. “Fund manager David Herro criticises corporate ‘climate appeasers’,” Financial Times, October 21, 2015. Archived November 26, 2015. Archive.fo URL: https://archive.fo/QsG20
- Brendan Montague. “From Herro to Zero – Meet the GWPF Funder Who Just Donated to the Heartland Institute’s Paris Campaign,” DeSmog, November 9, 2015.
- “National Council,” AEI. Archived January 9, 2019. Archive.fo URL: https://archive.fo/Cpl5O
- “Bringing Climate Realism to Parism” Indiegogo. Accessed January 8, 2019. Archived .pdf on file at DeSmog.
- “ADDENDUM: Global Climate Change Impacts in the United States” (PDF), Cato Institute, January 2013. Archived .pdf on file at DeSmog.
- “David Herro,” Wikipedia.