- B.S., mathematics and meteorology, University of Oklahoma. 
Gary England is the chief meteorologist for KWTV Channel 9, the CBS affiliate in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. 
England has been described as the first person (in 1981) to use commercial Doppler radar to warn the public of tornadoes. 
He is on Senator Inhofe’s list of global warming skeptics. 
Stance on Climate Change
July 1, 2007
When Associated Content requested a story to “ask local experts about local climate-change due to global-warming,” a Yahoo News contributor interviewed England by email: 
“The climate has always been changing and it will most likely always continue to change,” England claimed. “In the distant past, we have been much colder than we are now and we have been much warmer than we are now. And all of that happened many times without humans.
“Here in Oklahoma we’re a little warmer than we were 30 years ago. Recently we ended a two year drought and it has been replaced with significant, long duration rains. Is all of this a result of global warming? Maybe it is and maybe it isn’t. You see, no one really knows. If they say they do, I suggest that person is confused at best or has an agenda at the worst.
“… .As someone said recently, ‘It’s the Sun stupid!’ Recent research suggests that the activity of our Sun combined with cosmic radiation from far outside our galaxy interact with our atmosphere to produce effects never dreamed of a few years ago. Is anything or everything in this paragraph correct? No body really knows.” 
July 1, 2007
Yahoo News interviewed England in response to a request by Associated Content to “ask local experts about local climate-change due to global-warming”: 
“Climate is changing, always has and most likely always will until that thermonuclear engine in the sky, the sun, goes out,” England said by email. 
“Increased CO2 actually increases crop production. When CO2 drops to less than 150 (parts per million) plants will commence failing. If the plants die, then the livestock die and then guess who is next?” 
“’With respect to the discussion on global warming, I say there are no simple answers to such an extremely complex issue,’ said England. “No matter how many models they wave in the air and no matter how dire their predictions about our impending doom, they don’t know’.” 
Jan 25, 2010
Gary England was described as a “scientist” to speak at a climate change talk hosted by the Oklahoma Cattlemen’s Association where he was to give a “weatherman’s perspective” on the issue of global warming. 
- KWTV (Oklahoma City, OK) — Director of Meteorology, October, 1972 to present. 
- @garyengland on Twitter.
Gary England does not appear to have written any scholarly articles or books on climate change.
He has published the following books on weather:
- Weathering the Storm – Tornadoes, Television & Turmoil (1996).
- Those Terrible Twisters, (1987).
- United States Weather, (1976).
- Oklahoma Weather, (1975).
- “Gary England: After the Storm,” Profile at News9.com. Archived December 11, 2019. Archive URL: https://archive.ph/8mLoH
- “No One Really Knows on Global Warming, Oklahoma Weather Forecaster Says.” Associated Content, July 1, 2007.
- “Debate continues on Earth climate change and global warming,” EnidNews.com, April 11, 2009.
- “Cattlemen Will Hear Climate Change Talk With Gary England at OCA Quarterly Board Meeting,” Oklahoma Farm Report, January 25, 2010.
- “44 TV Weathermen Among Global Warming Deniers,” The Daily Green, January 10, 2008. Archived August 9, 2011. Archive URL:
- “Gary England,” Wikipedia Entry.