Laura Ingraham describes herself as “the most-listened-to woman in America on political talk radio” as the host of The Laura Ingraham Show. Ingraham began hosting “The Ingraham Angle,” on Fox News in October 2017. , 
Ingraham founded the conservative website LifeZette in 2015, which went on to promote a number of conspiracy theories in 2016 including the conspiracy theory that the Clinton family had been involved in a number of murders. , , 
Ingraham was reportedly considered for a position as Donald Trump’s press secretary. Ingraham is a strong Trump supporter and has said she and Donald Trump “have been friends for a long time.” , , 
Before starting in radio, Ingraham worked in a range of positions. She was the first female editor of the Dartmouth Review, worked as a speechwriter for the Domestic Policy Advisor in the Ronald Reagan administration during the late 1980s, was a clerk for Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, and a criminal defense lawyer for the law firm Skadden, Arps. 
Stance on Climate Change
November 30, 2015
In an episode of the Laura Ingraham show, discussing with Rand Pau the Paris climate agreement, Ingraham described the climate treaty as an agenda for setting up “global governance”: , 
Paul: “Giving up sovereignty is one thing it’s about. The question I would have for him is, does he agree with Bernie Sanders that climate change is a greater danger to the country than terrorism. I mean, that’s one of the most ludicrous statements I’ve ever heard. And, somebody gave Bernie Sanders a pass on that. But, these people on the left actually do believe that. Many of them think that climate change is somehow a bigger threat to our country than terrorism. But, that just shows how far out there they are – these alarmists, these apocalyptic folks. But, one thing I’ve introduced to try to make sure what they’re signing over there doesn’t become law in our land is, I’ve introduced a bill to have it considered as a treaty, not as a presidential agreement. And, as you recall, this is the same kind of fight we had over the Iran agreement, whether it should be a treaty or an agreement. And, the only way we can force the issue is to have a vote in the Senate on calling it a treaty, and that’s what I intend to have.” (6:51)
Ingraham: “You hit the nail on the head, Senator Paul, as you often do, this is about sovereignty. This is about the United States’ ability to forge her own future, through her own duly elected representatives. So, it’s not so much about climate change as it is about global governance and setting up global rules of the road that then completely supercede what any of y’all do in Congress. And, that’s why they love the TPP so much. The TPP goes down the same global governance rule as the climate change agreement. And, my question to you is, how do these agreements help the average person’s standards of living in the United States?” (7:46)
February 21, 2012
Ingraham described global warming as a religion, referring to “the church of global warming” on an edition of Fox & Friends: 
“Something I’ve written about in my books, which is Obama and the church of the global warming, right. That there are acceptable theologies out there for which you won’t be ridiculed, and one of them is this maniacal adherence to global warming theories, despite the evidence that’s out there that calls some of those theories into question.” 
December 8, 2009
In an episode of the Laura Ingraham show, Ingraham claims the EPA‘s endangerment finding on carbon dioxide is a “bogus finding that’s not based in science, not based in fact, it’s based in politics.” (6:55). 
December 1, 2009
Speaking on Fox and Friends, Ingraham claimed the so-called “Climategate” controversy was evidence of “shocking scientific fraud” and that global warming is a “lie.” 
“This entire movement has been based on a lie and the scientists know it. They don’t know what to do, they’re in total panic, and now they’re just going to pretend these emails didn’t happen. […] This is amazing. So it really is the church of global warming. Absolute orthodoxy regardless of what facts emerge,” Ingraham said. 
Ingraham is known for her strong views against gays, feminists, gun control, and welfare. While working for the Dartmouth Review in the 1980s, Ingraham sent a reporter to tape a Gay Students Association meeting and later released the names of those present and sent taped audio to the students’ parents. She described the students “cheerleaders for latent campus sodomites.” , 
Jeffrey Hart, faculty advisor to The Dartmouth Review, said Ingraham had “the most extreme anti-homosexual views imaginable” and claimed that she “went so far as to avoid a local eatery where she feared the waiters were homosexual.” 
In a 1997 essay for The Washington Post, Ingraham said she had changed her views on homosexuality after seeing the challenges her gay brother had faced after getting AIDS. “I also reject the idea that disagreement with the gay movement’s political agenda is de facto evidence of homophobia, any more than opposition to affirmative action makes one a racist,” she said in the essay. 
Comments Surrounding 2021 Capitol Insurrection
Laura Ingraham was among dozens of the individuals and organizations profiled in DeSmog’s Disinformation Database who posted online or gave interviews about the events surrounding the Jan. 6, 2021 Capitol insurrection. Some posted claims of election fraud, similar to those that drove the Stop the Steal rally on Jan. 6. Some circulated dubious information about the insurrection itself. DeSmog has preserved a selection of notable posts related to the events of Jan. 6, 2021, including some that were later deleted or removed.
This screenshot captured a deleted tweet from Ingraham, originally posted on Jan. 6, 2021, the day of the Capitol insurrection. The tweet was later flagged as false information when it was reposted on Facebook.
USA Today included Ingraham’s social media messaging on Jan. 6 in its account of “how the antifa conspiracy theory traveled from the fringe to the floor of Congress.” 
August 2, 2017
Speaking on the August 2 edition of the The Laura Ingraham Show: 
“I love the fact that the Justice Department, by the way, is going to be investigating what affirmative action has done to universities. In other words, shafting people who are not of the appropriate color, or background, or ethnicity, and I love that. Good for Sessions. I’d hit all these liberal – the Holy Grail of liberalism is abortion, and drugs, and affirmative action, and the culture wars they’re trying to push on our kids, all these new views of gender. I’d smash back on all of that.” 
June 6, 2017
As reported by Media Matters, on an edition of Fox News’s Fox & Friends, Ingraham said that terrorism was the price you pay for multiculturalism: 
“Now the price they have to pay for multiculturalism is the risk that you’re walking on the sidewalk and a man will – or a woman, will purposefully mow you down,” Ingraham said on the program, adding “And then while you’re maybe finishing your cappuccino in a cafe, or having a drink, someone will put a knife to your throat and slit it with the attempt, perhaps, to behead you.” 
November 14, 2016
“Aren’t they supposed to be saving souls, not saving trees?” Ingraham said on The Laura Ingraham Show, regarding Pope Francis and the church’s involvement in climate change. 
June 29, 2016
Ingraham suggested people would rather wear diapers than share bathrooms with transgender people: 
“Oh we have a new transgender update for you as well. Oh no new transgender news for all of you who are bathroom-goers and public – you use public restrooms? I think a lot of people are going to be walking around with just Depends on from now on. They’re just not going to use the bathroom. Adult diapers, diapers for everybody. No one’s going to be going to the bathroom. You have little kids, there’s going to be no bathrooms. We’re just going to all wear Depends. Everyone will just be happy. Then you’ll be in your own bathroom. Everyone’s bathroom is just their own clothes, OK? So this is what we’re going to go to.” 
May 28, 2016
Ingraham said she doesn’t view Jewish people as a minority, speaking on The Laura Ingraham Show: 
“Oh, OK, you’re reminding me. Bernie [Sanders] is a minority. He’s Jewish. OK. See I don’t think of Jewish people as minorities because they’re so successful and so. But, yeah, that’s technically correct so I appreciate that correction on our Twitter feed.” 
November 16, 2016
Ingraham suggested, on The Laura Ingraham Show, that the US should only accept verified Christian refugees into the U.S. while others should “stay in the Middle East”: 
“The Christians who we can verifiably say are Christians, who are in the threat of being slaughtered, I’m happy to bring in some of them. I think most people would. But all these other people, they’ve got to stay in the Middle East. We cannot be the warehouse of all these, you know, Muslim people coming from these far-flung lands […]” 
August 26, 2015
Ingraham said on her show, describing Planned Parenthood: “[…] You people are heinous, Hitlerian freaks. And the level of evil that pervades the human heart that can countenance this kind of behavior, it just defies comprehension.” 
November 11, 2015
On an episode of The Laura Ingraham show, Ingraham described the women’s movement as a setback: 
“I think a very compelling case could be made that this [the women’s movement] has set women back,” Ingraham said, adding that “The most powerful thing a woman can do is give birth, that is it. That is your power, really your power.” 
April 29, 2015
Ingraham likened gay marriage to polyamory and incestuous relationships: 
“[Y]ou can’t argue against a polyamorous marital home life if you’re in favor of redefining marriage. […] So that’s why I think we’ve moved beyond gay marriage that’s transgenderism, then it will be polyamory, maybe some type of incestuous relationship will be validated by the state as long as it’s not consummated – right?” 
June 24, 2019
Nearly 100 internal documents were leaked to Axios in 2019. As Axios reported, the documents identified a host of “red flags” about many individuals who would go on to work in the Trump administration, as well as others who were considered but failed to secure a position. 
Ingraham was listed among the documents and considered for the position of Press Secretary. Some notable samples from the internal documents below:
“Following Ingraham’s Speech At The Republican Convention, She Waved To The Audience, Which Some Said Resembled A Nazi Salute.”
“Ingraham Said Mexicans ‘Have Come Here To Murder And Rape Our People.’”
“Ingraham Called Sex Change Surgeries ‘Social Experimentation’ And Criticized The Government Paying For ‘People To Go And Cut Their Private Parts To Death.’”
“Ingraham has said President Obama only received certain votes because of his race and has implied the Clintons were going to kill FBI Director James Comey.” 
January 5, 2018
Following the release of the controversial book about the Trump White house, Michael Wolff’s Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House, Ingraham described statements that she had tried to distance herself from President Trump as “Totally False.” She posted the comment on Twitter, with a highlighted excerpt from the book: 
From Wolff book—this is TOTALLY FALSE. I was there! “Distanced themselves from Trump”?! Total fabrication. pic.twitter.com/75QbME75IL
— Laura Ingraham (@IngrahamAngle) January 5, 2018
October 19, 2017
Steve Bannon and Breitbart News hosted a party and book signing for Laura Ingraham’s book, Billionaire at the Barricades: The Populist Revolution from Reagan to Trump, Politico reported. Stephen Miller also showed up to the party. 
Laura Ingraham’s LifeZette website promoted, among other conspiracy theories, that the Clinton family had some role in the plane crash of John F. Kennedy, Jr., as well as the deaths of various friends and Democrats. , 
LifeZette removed the video, titled “Clinton Body Count,” claiming in a statement that ”[t]he video was made in jest, and merely noted that the theories existed.” 
The conspiracy theory, which has circulated in one form or another for two decades, has been debunked by Snopes, among others. 
November 4, 2016
Ingraham’s LifeZette produced an article alleging that Hillary Clinton’s campaign chair participated in occult magic, based on an email released by WikiLeaks. 
“The revelation of Podesta’s participation in ritual occult magic raises serious questions about his morals. It could also explain the Clinton campaign’s barely disguised antipathy toward the Catholic Church,” LifeZette writer Edmund Lozak wrote. 
LifeZette published an article prior to the election, promoting the false claim that voting machines in 16 states could be compromised because they were supposedly linked to a company tied to George Soros. , 
August 4, 2016
A LifeZette author misleadingly claimed that the United Nations had secretly backed an operation by the Obama administration to take over local police departments. The claim was debunked at Snopes. , 
Ingraham spoke at the Republican National Convention (RNC), where she urged people to support Donald Trump. 
“We should all – even you boys with wounded feelings and bruised egos – we love you, but you must honor your pledge to support Donald Trump now,” she said. 
November 30, 2012
Laura Ingraham interviewed both Kert Davies of Greenpeace and James Taylor of the Heartland Institute in a segment on the “Global Warming Debate” on the Laura Ingraham show: 
May 1, 2009
Ingraham was a guest on an edition of The O’Reilly Factor, where she used her time to criticize former Vice President Al Gore, DeSmog reported. Ingraham suggested that Al Gore has hugely profited from his environmental activism. Climate change denier Marc Morano was also featured on the program. 
Media Matters noted that the O’Reilly Factor also aired selective clips from Gore’s testimony, excluding a quote from the full testimony where Gore said that “very penny that I have made, I have put right into a nonprofit, the Alliance for Climate Protection, to spread awareness of why we have to take on this challenge.” 
- Citizens for the Republic — Former “National Chairman.” 
- The Hoover Institution — Media Fellow (March 3 – 7, 2003). 
- LifeZette — Co-Founder and Editorial Adviser. 
- Fox News — Host, “The Ingraham Angle.” 
- The Laura Ingraham Show — Host. 
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom — Former criminal defense attorney. 
- @IngrahamAngle on Twitter.
- Laura Ingraham on Facebook.
According to her website, Ingraham is the author of several New York Times bestsellers including The Obama Diaries, Power to the People, Shut Up & Sing, and The Hillary Trap. She also appears regularly on conservative television programs such as the Fox News Channel; appearances include Special Report, Fox & Friends, Hannity. 
- “Laura Ingraham ’91 Says Law School Helped Her Media Career,” University of Virginia, October 30, 2013. Archived January 28, 2018. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/dIsJ9
- Gary Shapiro. “Dartmouth Review Celebrates 25 Years,” New York Tun, April 28, 2006. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/NPAEM
- “About Laura Ingraham,” Laura Ingraham. Archived December 24, 2017. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/qlmAe
- Brian Flood. “Laura Ingraham joins Fox News’ prime-time lineup,” Fox News, September 18, 2017. Archived January 28, 2018. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/MuTFr
- Dylan Byers. “Laura Ingraham’s new site: LifeZette.com,” Politico, April1, 2015. Archived January 27, 2018. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/KxF90
- Addy Baird. “Laura Ingraham’s racist, transphobic takes land her a primetime slot on Fox News,” ThinkProgress, September 18, 2017. Archived January 27, 2018. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/mU4ss
- “Laura Ingraham’s ‘LifeZette’ website promotes conspiracy theory Clintons have been involved in murders,” Business Insider, October 25, 2016. Archived January 27, 2018. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/AjqkK
- Brian Stelter, Dana Bash and Jim Acosta. “Laura Ingraham considered for White House press secretary post,” CNN, November 16, 2016. Archived January 27, 2018. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/9kmiu
- “Laura Ingraham: Not sure press secretary job is ‘something I’m dying to do‘,” The Hill, June 20, 2017. Archived January 27, 2018. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/Xz7zB
- “HOW FOX NEWS‘ LAURA INGRAHAM USED TRUMP TO BECOME A CONSERVATIVE ROCKSTAR,” Newsweek, November 15, 2017. Archived January 27, 2018. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/HcgsR
- Howard Kurtz. “Laura Ingraham, Reporting for W2004,” Washington Post, August 30, 2004. Archived January 28, 2018. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/YOO3W
- “Paul: Climate Change Agreement Could Threaten US Sovereignty,” Laura Ingraham. Archived January 28, 2017. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/nJgaw
- “Rand Paul: The president is giving up America’s sovereignty,” Laura Ingraham. Archived .mp3 on file at DeSmog.
- “Ingraham: Obama Has A ‘Maniacal Adherence’ To ‘The Church Of The Global Warming’,” Media Matters, February 21, 2012. Archived .mp4 on file at DeSmog.
- “CBS/NBC climate change sob stories,” Laura Ingraham, December 8, 2009. Archived January 28, 2018. Archived .mp4 on file at DeSmog. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/YcD5H
- “Noted climate scientist Ingraham says emails indicate ‘shocking scientific fraud,’ global warming a ‘lie’,” Media Matters, December 1, 2009.
- Margaret Carlson. “Only In My Backyard,” CNN, April 21, 1997. Archived January 28, 2018. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/dhfSa
- “Laura Ingraham: Right-Wing Radio’s High Priestess of Hate,” HuffPost, May 25, 2011. Archived January 28, 2018. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/An3n9
- Laura Ingraham. “TEST OF DEVOTION,” The Washington Post, February 23, 1997. Archived January 27, 2018. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/SPs3b
- “Laura Ingraham: Affirmative action is ‘shafting people who are not of the appropriate color, or background, or ethnicity’,” Media Matters, August 2, 2017. Archived .mp4 on file at DeSmog.
- “Fox’s Laura Ingraham: Terrorism is ‘the price … to pay for multiculturalism’,” Media Matters, June 6, 2017. Archived mp4 on file at DeSmog.
- “Laura Ingraham Criticizes Pope Francis And The Catholic Church For Climate Change Awareness,” Media Matters, November 14, 2016. Archived .mp4 on file at DeSmog.
- “Laura Ingraham Suggests People Wear Diapers Rather Than Share Bathrooms With Transgender People,” Media Matters, June 29, 2016. Archived .mp4 on file at DeSmog.
- “Laura Ingraham: ‘I Don’t Think Of Jewish People As Minorities Because They’re So Successful‘,” Media Matters, May 18, 2016.
- “Laura Ingraham: The US Should Only Accept Refugees ‘We Can Verifiably Say Are Christians,’ Muslims ‘Stay In The Middle East’,” Media Matters, November 15, 2015. Archived .mp4 on file at DeSmog.
- “Laura Ingraham Calls Planned Parenthood Employees ‘Heinous, Hitlerian Freaks’,” Media Matters, August 26, 2015.
- “Laura Ingraham: ‘I Think A Very Compelling Case Could Be Made That [The Women’s Movement] Has Set Women Back’,” Media Matters, November 11, 2015. Archived .mp4 on file at DeSmog.
- “Laura Ingraham Likens Same-Sex Marriage Rights To State-Validated Incest, Polygamy,” Media Matters, April 29, 2015. Archived .mp4 on file at DeSmog.
- Naomi Lim. “Laura Ingraham accuses Michael Wolff book of ‘total fabrication’ over Trump support,” Washington Examiner, January 5, 2018. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/5Yhfs
- “Spotted at the Bannon and Brietbart party,” Politico, October 20, 2017. Archived January 27, 2018. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/afXqN
- Lee Fang. “SOME FAKE NEWS PUBLISHERS JUST HAPPEN TO BE DONALD TRUMP’S CRONIES,” The Intercept, November 26, 2016. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/xTBLU
- Jim Stinson. “Snubbed by Spicer, AP Throws Temper Tantrum,” LifeZette, January 25, 2017. Archived January 27, 2018. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/pXK5ff
- “Clinton Body Bags,” Snopes. Accessed January 27, 2018.
- Edmund Kozak. “WikiLeaks: Clinton Campaign Chair Participated in Occult Magic,” LifeZette, November 4, 2016. Archived January 27, 2018. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/IoPcq
- Edmund Kozak. “Concern Grows Over Soros-Linked Voting Machines,” LifeZette, October 24, 2016. Archived November 1, 2016. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/ANOA4
- “Pro-Trump site that published fake news gets 1st question at White House briefing,” Chicago Tribune, January 30, 2017. Archived January 27, 2018. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/RuoMa
- “UN Backs Secret Obama Takeover of Police,” LifeZette, August 4, 2016. Archived January 27, 2018. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/KW7yT
- “Hostile Takeover,” Snopes. Accessed January 27, 2018. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/jYo4u
- Tal Kopan. “Laura Ingraham rocks the GOP convention, presses for unity behind Trump,” CNN, July 21, 2016. Archived January 27, 2018. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/6AqtS
- “Global Warming Debate – November 30, 2012,” Laura Ingraham, November 30, 2012.
- Jeanne Roberts. “Ingraham vs. Gore; Half the Truth Is the Same as a Lie,” DeSmog, May 4, 2009.
- “Ingraham uses doctored video to smear Gore,” Media Matters, May 1, 2009.
- “Board of Directors,” Citizens for the Republic. Archived December 17, 2016. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/clWs3
- “THE WILLIAM AND BARBARA EDWARDS MEDIA FELLOWS PROGRAM,” Hoover Institution. Archived October 20, 2007. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/E11jR
- “Laura Ingraham,” LifeZette. Archived January 27, 2018. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/HyaVy
- “Laura Ingraham,” Talk960. Archived February 1, 2018. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/VbgOI
- “Full list: The leaked Trump transition vetting documents,” Axios, June 24, 2019. Archived June 24, 2019. Archive.is URL: http://archive.is/gm9i7
- Aleszu Bajak and Javier Zarracina. “How the antifa conspiracy theory traveled from the fringe to the floor of Congress,” USA Today, January 12, 2021. Archived February 13, 2021. Archive URL: https://archive.vn/BFOGu
- “Ingraham Guest: ‘Sue The SOB‘ Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse ‘For Libel’ For Fighting Big Oil’s Climate Change Deception,” Media Matters, March 14, 2016.
Profile image by Gage Skidmore [CC BY–SA 3.0], via Wikimedia Commons