Lord (Richard) Hugh Cavendish
Lord (Richard) Hugh Cavendish has been a member of the House of Lords since 1990, having been appointed by then Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher. He sits on the EU Financial Affairs Sub-Committee and was a member of the Natural Environment and Rural Communities Act 2006 Committee between October 2017 and March 2018. , 
As a large landowner in Cumbria, Lord Cavendish has received significant farming subsidies through the EU‘s Common Agricultural Policy. A DeSmog report entitled “Wind farm subsidies bad, farm subsidies good?” revealed that Cavendish had received £93,905.60 in farming subsidies during 2014. 
Stance on Climate Change
“I’ve made – I cannot remember what – quite a modest contribution and I think I look for a chance to support it if there is a debate… it definitely wasn’t big bucks, I can assure you.”
“I think the religious fervour element is seriously dangerous. I like to think Lord Lawson is on the side of the angels.” 
April 13, 2015
“I think I might be the first person in this country in fact to have built windmills and I was thinking at the time, ‘am I doing a good thing or a bad thing?’ and I came to the conclusion that it was the wrong thing actually, I was thinking lately.” 
When asked about his donation to the GWPF, he told DeSmog UK:
“I’ve made – I cannot remember what – quite a modest contribution and I think I look for a chance to support it if there is a debate… it definitely wasn’t big bucks, I can assure you.” 
- Global Warming Policy Foundation (GWPF) — Funder. 
- Conservative Party — Lord. 
- Holker Group — Board Member. 
- Bouthray Fisheries Limited — Director. (Company currently listed as dormant.) 
- Burlington Slate Limited — Director. 
- South Cumbria Rivers Trust — President. 
- Burlington Aggregates Limited — Director. 
Lord Cavendish does not appear to have published any articles in major news sources or other publications.
- “Hugh Cavendish,” LinkedIn. Archived .pdf on file at DeSmog.
- “Lord Cavendish of Furness,” UK Parliament. Archived December 20, 2018. Archive.fo URL: http://archive.fo/6BJNN
- Brendan Montague. “Exposed: Two Funders of Lord Lawson’s Climate Denial Charity Linked to Energy Industry,” DeSmog, April 13, 2015.
- Andrew Montford. “Unintended Consequences of Climate Change Policy” (PDF), Global Warming Policy Foundation, January 2015. Archived August 17, 2015.
- “Lucy Cavendish has high hopes for the Holker Group,” Choose Cumbria, June 23, 2016. Archived December 20, 2018. Archive.fo URL: http://archive.fo/3RqHv
- “Hugh Cavendish,” Companies House. Archived December 20, 2018. Archive.fo URL: http://archive.fo/LuXTU
- “Meet our team,” South Cumbria Rivers Trust. Archived December 20, 2018. Archive.fo URL: http://archive.fo/3FpXG
- “Richard Hugh Baron Cavendish,” Companies House. Archived January 7, 2019. Archive.fo URL: http://archive.fo/7B3oq
- Brendan Montague. “Wind farm subsidies bad, farm subsidies good?,” DeSmog, August 10, 2013.
Image Credit: Chris McAndrew/Wikimedia/CC BY 3.0