It was listed as one of the organisations consulted prior to the publication of an “ideal” post-Brexit US–UK trade deal by a group of free market think tanks and campaign groups led by the Cato Institute and Institute for Free Trade (IFT). 
Stance on Climate Change
“Revolutionary changes in energy production and new climate questions have made redundant the EU’s energy and climate goals, to Europe’s severe disadvantage.”
“The energy and climate policy of the EU has all along been dogmatically opposed to coal, gas and oil (until overwhelmed by facts to the contrary).”
In the report, he also described the “the climate policy-makers of Brussels” as “zealots.”
Financial Disclosures & Other Documents
|The Lord Pilkington|
Academic Advisory Council
|The Lord Pilkington||Y||Y||Y||Y|
Westminster Advisory Council
|John Mc Fall||Y|
|Lord Mcfall Of Alcluith||Y|
Emeritus (Listed in 2005)
- Douglas Moore
- The Lord Parkinson
Patron: George Robinson
Hedge fund manager Robinson is listed on Politeia’s website as its patron. He has donated over £400,000 to Conservative party and Tory politicians. He also gave £5,000 to Boris Johnson’s London mayoral campaign. He gave £10,000 to the No Campaign, which campaigned against electoral reform in the UK in 2011. Matthew Elliott – now of the Legatum Institute and Brexit Central, and formerly chief executive of the Vote Leave campaign – was Board Director of the No Campaign. , , 
Academic Advisor: Deepak Lal
Lal sits on the Academic Advisory Board of the UK climate science denial campaign group, the Global Warming Policy Foundation. He is a senior fellow at the Cato Institute, a libertarian think tank in the US with links to major climate science denier funder Charles Koch. He was also described as co-director of the Institute of Economic Affairs‘ “Trade and Development Unit.” IEA is a UK think-tank with strong affiliations to the Brexit campaign. , , 
Lal is or was also a member of the Mont Pelerin Society, created in 1947 by the free market economist and philosopher Friedrich von Hayek and advocates “classical liberalism,” an ideology classified by small government and minimal regulation of business. Many groups associated with the Mont Pelerin Society have ties to climate science denial, DeSmogBlog reported. , 
Westminster Advisors: Vince Cable, Michael Gove and Frank Field
Cable was elected leader of the Liberal Democrats in 2017. He is listed as being part of Politiea’s Westminster Advisory Council despite being staunchly pro-EU. Environment Secretary Michael Gove, who sits at the heart of a web of lobbyists and think tanks working out of offices on Tufton Street and pushing disinformation on climate change while advocating a hard-Brexit, is also listed as an advisor. Former Labour MP and arch-Brexiteer Frank Field, who resigned from the party after voting against the whip to support the Conservative government’s Brexit agenda, is also on the Advisory Council. , 
Politeia was listed as one of the organisations consulted prior to the publication of an “ideal” post-Brexit US–UK trade deal by a group of free market think tanks and campaign groups led by the Cato Institute and Institute for Free Trade. Other groups consulted included many residents of offices on Tufton Street, which act as the heart of a network of organisations pushing disinformation on climate change and for a hard Brexit. 
- 55 Tufton Street — Politeia has worked with a variety of groups tied to an address of 55 Tufton Street including the Cato Institute.
Contact & Address
5 Fleet Place, London,
- @IFTtweets on Twitter
- IFreeTrade on Facebook
- @PoliteiaUK on Twitter.
- “Politeia” on Facebook.
- “Politeia” on LinkedIn.
- “ABOUT US,” Politeia. Archived January 19, 2019. Archive.fo URL:https://archive.fo/bVbIp
- “The Ideal U.S.-U.K. Free Trade Agreement” (PDF), Cato Institute, September 2018.
- David Howell. “Britain and the EU: The momentum for European reform” (PDF), Politeia, 2014. Archived .pdf on file at DesMog.
- “People,” Politeia. Archived January 19, 2019. Archive.fo URL: https://archive.fo/n26m5
- Electoral Commission Search for George Robinson, performed January 2019. Archived data on file at DeSmog.
- “Scottish Affairs Committee: Written evidence submitted by No Campaign Limited,” Parliament.uk, May 4, 2012. Archived January 20, 2019. Archive.fo URL: https://archive.fo/pWMWk
- “ACADEMIC ADVISORY COUNCIL: PROFESSOR DEEPAK LAL,” September 30, 2010. Archived January 20, 2019. Archive.fo URL: https://archive.fo/Q3Zem
- “DEEPAK LAL,” Cato Institute. Archived January 20, 2019. Archive.fo URL: https://archive.fo/Xsq59
- “Deepak Lal,” Cato Unbound. Archived January 20, 2019. Archive.fo URL:https://archive.fo/afkPJ
- “MONT PELERIN SOCIETY DIRECTORY – 2010” (PDF), on file at DeSmog.
- Graham Readfearn. “Mont Pelerin Society A Window Into Ideological Heart Of Kochtopus Climate Denial,” DeSmog, January 27, 2014.
- Ben Gartside. “Who will replace Vince Cable as the next Liberal Democrat Leader?” Business Insider, September 7, 2018. Archived January 21, 2019. Archive.fo URL: https://archive.fo/ITCPg
- “POLITEIA: Company number 03123505,” Companies House. Accessed January 21, 2019. Archive.fo URL: https://archive.fo/jCcSB