- M.S. In Electrical Engineering from the University of Illinois. 
- MBA from the University of Chicago. 
Steve Goreham is the Executive Director of the Climate Science Coalition of America and the author of Climatism! Science, Common Sense, and the 21st Century’s Hottest Topic. He is a regular speaker at events and radio talk shows where he is sometimes described as a “climate change expert.”
Goreham’s profile on Climatism.net describes him as an engineer and business executive with extensive experience at Fortune 100 public companies and private firms. They describe his book, Climatism as an “overview of the science, politics, and energy policy implications of the world’s misguided efforts to stop global warming.”
Stance on Climate Change
”[…] the science clearly shows that global warming is due to natural causes, despite the tidal wave of world belief in man-made climate change.” 
“The global wind industry is built on a foundation of sand—the hypothesis that man-made global warming is destroying Earth’s climate.” 
April 23, 2018
The Climate Science Coalition of America, represented by Steve Goreham was among 22 groups signed on to an open letter asking President Trump to ignore recent criticism of EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt. 
In a speech to the U.S. Senate, a group of Democratic senators identified the organizations as front groups for the Koch Brothers and other wealthy donors, nicknamed the “Web of Deceit.” The senators outlined how, in addition to funding from the Koch network, many of the groups use untraceable “dark money” funneled through groups like Donors Capital Fund and Donors Trust to influence legislation, particularly with regards to climate and pollution., represented by Lisa B. Nelson, was among 22 groups signed on to an open letter asking President Trump to ignore recent criticism of EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt.
Senator Whitehouse outlined it as “a web of deceit conceived and bankrolled by the Koch brothers and other self-interested billionaires to advocate for very selfish and unpatriotic policies.” Whitehouse added: “This web of deceit has infiltrated and populated the Trump administration, and it is swamping the interests of everyday Americans. 
The full list of pro-Pruitt signatories and their respective organizations is as follows:
- Saulius “Saul” Anuzius – 60 Plus Association
- Fred Birnbaum – Idaho Freedom Foundation
- L. Brent Bozell III – Media Research Center
- Amy Oliver Cooke – Independence Institute
- Wesley Denton – Conservative Partnership Institute
- Viv Forbes – The Carbon Sense Coalition
- Frank J Gaffney – Center for Security Policy
- Steve Goreham – Climate Science Coalition of America
- Phil Kerpen – American Commitment
- Andrew Langer – Institute for Liberty
- Lisa B. Nelson – American Legislative Exchange Council
- Rick Manning – Americans for Limited Government
- Jenny Beth Martin – Tea Party Patriots Citizens Fund
- William Perry Pendley – Mountain States Legal Foundation
- Thomas Pyle – American Energy Alliance
- George Rasley – ConservativeHQ.com
- Sandy Rios – American Family Association
- Craig Richardson – Energy & Environment Legal Institute
- Craig Rucker – Committee for a Constructive Tomorrow (CFACT)
- Dr Jameson Taylor – Missisippi Center for Public Policy
- Kyle Wingfield – Georgia Public Policy Foundation
May 9, 2017
March 24, 2017
Panel 5A: Sustainability
Panel 5A: Q&A
February 23, 2017
Goreham was a signatory of a petition (PDF) organized by Richard Lindzen of the Cato Institute urging President Donald Trump to pull the United States out of the United Nations international convention on climate change (UNFCCC). 
“In just a few weeks, more than 300 eminent scientists and other qualified individuals from around the world have signed the petition below,” Lindzen wrote in the letter. 
DeSmog investigated the list, and found that only a small handful of the signatories could be considered “even remotely ‘qualified’ or ‘eminent’ — but not in the field of climate science.” The list included individuals “interested in climate,” and one signatory who only identified as an “emailer who wished to sign the petition” while some signers provided no affiliation or address whatsoever. 
January 5, 2017
“Mr. Pruitt has also demonstrated understanding of and open-mindedness toward scientific insights crucial to the formulation and implementation of environmental regulation. He is prepared to hear all sides in debates over the risks and benefits of various activities that come under the purview of the EPA,” reads the letter.
On January 12, 2017, Senate Democrats raised conflict of interest concerns regarding Scott Prutt’s fossil fuel ties. Pruitt had spent years working to combat the Obama Administration’s Clean Power Plan. 
In an open letter to the Office of Government Ethics, members of the Senate’s environmental panel commented:
“During his tenure as Attorney General of Oklahoma, Mr. Pruitt has blurred the distinction between official and political actions, often at the behest of corporations he will regulate if confirmed to lead EPA,” the letter said. “Public reporting based on documents produced by Freedom of Information Act requests illustrate how Mr. Pruitt and members of his staff have worked closely with fossil fuel lobbyists to craft his office’s official positions.”
Some notable signatories of the Cornwall Alliance letter, as of January 5, 2017, included:
- Tim Ball
- Charles G. Battig
- E. Calvin Beisner
- H. Sterling Burnett
- Kenneth Chilton
- Donn Dears
- John Droz
- James E. Enstrom
- Joseph Farah
- Steve Goreham
- Jay Grimstead
- William Happer
- Richard Land
- David Legates
- Richard S. Lindzen
- Anthony R. Lupo
- Rod D. Martin
- Anthony J. Sadar
- Willie Soon
- Roy W. Spencer
- David J. Theroux
- James A. Wanliss
- Anthony Watts
- Peter W. Wood
- Thomas H. Wysmuller
- Benjamin Zycher
Steve Goreham is listed as a “Founding Member” of group named Climate Exit (Clexit) led by climate change denier Christopher Monckton. According to Clexit’s founding statement (PDF), “The world must abandon this suicidal Global Warming crusade. Man does not and cannot control the climate.” , 
Desmog reports on how the group grew in the wake of the UK‘s decision to leave the EU. A key member of Clexit’s “60 well-informed science, business and economic leaders” is Hugh Morgan, a former board member of the Reserve Bank of Australia and former CEO of Western Mining Corporation with close ties to Australia’s Liberal party. , 
According to Clexit’s founding statement:
“If the Paris climate accord is ratified, or enforced locally by compliant governments, it will strangle the leading economies of the world with pointless carbon taxes and costly climate and energy policies, all with no sound basis in evidence or science […]” 
July 7–9, 2014
DeSmogBlog has done in-depth research on the other speakers and sponsors from Heartland’s ICCC9, which can be found here.
May 21–23, 2012
DeSmogBlog researched the co-sponsors behind Heartland’s ICCC7 and found that they had collectively received over $67 million from ExxonMobil, the Koch Brothers and the conservative Scaife family foundations.
Goreham’s speech, titled “The Mad, Mad World of Climatism” can be viewed below.
June 30–July 1, 2011
Goreham was a speaker at the Heartland Institute’s Sixth International Conference on Climate Change. 
Research done by DesmogBlog found that 17 of the 43 sponsors of the Heartland Institute’s Sixth International Conference on Climate Change, including the Heartland Institute itself, have collectively received over $46 million from either Scaife Foundations, Koch Foundations, or ExxonMobil and its foundation.
Nov 15, 2010
- Climate Science Coalition of America (CSCA) — Executive Director. 
- Network Systems Division at Panduit Corporation — Vice President (2005 – 2009) 
- Pemstar — Sr. Vice President, Communications, (2003 – 2005) 
- CellEngines — Chief Executive Officer (2001 – 2003) 
- Motorola — Sr. Director Cell Phone Products (1997 – 2001) 
- Climate Exit (Clexit) — ”Founding Member.” 
Goreham is the author of Climatism! Science, Common Sense, and the 21st Century’s Hottest Topic.
A media release describes the book: “Goreham demonstrates that climate change is due to natural causes, not man-made emissions of greenhouse gases. Therefore, humanity is engaged in a futile effort to control the Earth’s temperature, imposing severe policies that will limit our freedoms and radically transform our way of life.”
- “About,” Climatism.net. Accessed December 14, 2011.
- “Climatism! the Book: Author’s Note,” Climatism.net. Accessed June 24, 2011.
- “Steve Goreham: Wind energy’s house of cards” Energy Tribune, Aug. 31, 2010. Republished by petroleumworld. Accessed June 24, 2011.
- “Steve Goreham: Sixth Internatinonal Conference on Climate Change,” climateconference.heartland.org. Accessed December 14, 2011.
- “‘Climatism!’: A Must-Read Book on Climate Alarmism,” Roger Helmer MEP Straight Talking, July 30, 2010.
- “White County Tea Party Patriots hosts Steve Goreham, Climate Science Coalition of America,” YouTube Video. Uploaded by WCTeaPartyPatriot on November 17, 2010.
- “About the Climate Science Coalition of A,” CSCA. Accessed December 14, 2011.
- ExxonSecrets Factsheet: Steve Goreham.
- “Return of Climate Denial-a-Palooza: Heartland Institute Hitches Anti-Science Wagon to Vegas FreedomFest,” DeSmogBlog, July 7, 2014. Archived July 14, 2014.
- “The Clexit Committee comprises” (PDF), Clexit.net. Archived.pdf on file at Desmog.
- “After Brexit, Clexit” (PDF), Clexit.net. Archived .pdf on file at Desmog.
- Graham Readfearn. “After Brexit, Climate Science Denialists Form New Group to Call for a Clexit,” Desmog, August 3, 2016.
- “Hugh Morgan AO,” Australian Government Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. Archived February 22, 2002. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/1ObOB
- “Open Letter Supporting Scott Pruitt for EPA Administrator,” Cornwall Alliance, January 5, 2017. Archived January 19, 2017. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/xMash
- Ben Jervey. “Mapping EPA Nominee Scott Pruitt’s Many Fossil Fuel Ties,” DeSmog, January 13, 2017.
- Ben Jervey and Steve Horn. “EPA Nominee Scott Pruitt Gets Grilled on Fossil Fuel Ties at Confirmation Hearing,” DeSmog, January 18, 2017.
- “PETITION” (PDF), February 23, 2017. Richard Lindzen. PDF Archived at DeSmog.
- Graham Readfearn. “Climate Science Denier Richard Lindzen’s List of 300 “Scientists” Sent to Trump Is the Usual Parade of Non-Experts,” DeSmog, February 27, 2017.
- “STEVE GOREHAM,” Climateconference.heartland.org. Archived April 7, 2017. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/rXNbR
- “FRIENDS OF SCIENCE FOURTEENTH ANNUAL EVENT, WITH ROBERT LYMAN & STEVE GOREHAM.” Archived July 21, 2017. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/C0Ukl
- “International Conference on Climate Change, Program,” (PDF) Heartland Institute. Archived January 22, 2018.
- “Coalition letter to the President on Scott Pruitt,” (PDF), Heartland Institute, 2018. Archived .pdf on file with DeSmogBlog.
- Senator Whitehouse. “Time to wake up: Web of Deceit” April 23, 2018. Archive.is URL: https://archive.li/HzIsa
Profile image Steve Graham speaking at the Heartland Institute’s 12th International Conference on Climate Change, screenshot via YouTube.