Dunn’s Foundation for the Advancement of Right Thinking
According to its website, the Dunn Foundation’s mission is to “advance the understanding and practice of classical liberalism, market capitalism, free enterprise, individual political liberty and economic liberty principally through education and persuasion.” 
Thomas E. Beach, chairman of the Reason Foundation and former chairman of the Property and Environment Research Center (PERC), is a trustee of the Dunn Foundation. William A. Dunn is now a trustee emeritus, while his wife Rebecca W. Dunn remains on the board as a trustee. Beach is also a board member of funding vehicle DonorsTrust, a group described as the “dark money ATM” of the conservative movement in the United States. , 
Stance on Climate Change
While The Dunn Foundation itself doesn’t appear to maintain an official statement on climate change, many of the groups it funds have consistently denied the existence of man-made climate change. For example, The Heartland Institute, one of the most notorious deniers of climate change, has received at least $1,330,000 from the Dunn Foundation. Other notable groups that received Dunn dollars include the Competitive Enterprise Institute, Reason Foundation, Cato Institute, Property and Environment Research Center, National Center for Policy Analysis, and many others (see full funding list below). 
The Conservative Transparency (CT) project has tracked donations made by the Dunn Foundation. The following is based on CT data combined with data retrieved from publicly available 990 forms. Note that not all individual values have been verified by DeSmog. 
See the attached spreadsheet for a look at Dunn Foundation donations by year (.xlsx).
The following is based on the Dunn Foundation’s website, and publicly available 990 tax forms:
|Rebecca Walter Dunn||Y||Y||Y|
|Thomas E. Beach||Y||Y||Y|
|William A. Dunn||Y||Y||Y||Y|
Contact & Address
309 SE Osceola Street, Suite 350,
Stuart, Florida 34994 USA
+ 1 (772) 286-4777
- “Dunns Foundation For The Advancement Of Right Thinking,” Economic Research Institute. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/ZIqPw
- “Mission,” The Dunn Foundation. Archived December 9, 2017. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/HsuRG
- “Trustes,” The Dunn Foundation. Archived December 8, 2017. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/goGOJ
- Andy Kroll. “Exposed: The Dark-Money ATM of the Conservative Movement,” Mother Jones, February 5, 2013. Archived July 24, 2015.
- “Heartland Institute compares belief in global warming to mass murder,” The Guardian, May 4, 2012.
- “Dunn’s Foundation for the Advancement of Right Thinking,” Conservative Transparency. Data retrieved December 7, 2017.
- “Contact Us,” Dunn Capital Management. Archived December 12, 2017. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/9VCho
- “Talk:Dunn’s Foundation for the Advancement of Right Thinking,” SourceWatch.