Jerome C. Arnett Jr.
- M.D., West Virginia University School of Medicine. 
Jerome Arnett Jr. is a pulmonologist in Elkins, West Virginia. Arnett is also a fellow of the American College of Chest Physicians and once served on its ethics committee.
He is also a policy advisor for The Heartland Institute, an adjunct scholar at the Competitive Enterprise Institute, and a scientific advisor to the American Council on Science and Health.
Stance on Climate Change
“…there is no evidence that humans can alter the natural climate cycles. As Singer notes, stopping continental drift may be an easier task.”
“’Global warming’ is a fraud that has been perpetrated by unethical environmentalists, by activists with no credentials, by climate scientists using wildly inaccurate computer models, by government bureaucracies, and by irresponsible liberal news media. It has become a religion, and scientists who question it have even received death threats.” 
“In 1992 EPA published its report, ‘Respiratory Health Effects of Passive Smoking,’ claiming SHS is a serious public health problem, that it kills approximately 3,000 nonsmoking Americans each year from lung cancer, and that it is a Group A carcinogen (like benzene, asbestos, and radon)… .EPA‘s 1992 conclusions are not supported by reliable scientific evidence.”
“…influential anti-tobacco activists, including prominent academics, have unethically attacked the research of eminent scientists in order to further their ideological and political agendas.
“The abuse of scientific integrity and the generation of faulty ‘scientific’ outcomes (through the use of pseudoscience) have led to the deception of the American public on a grand scale and to draconian government overregulation and the squandering of public money.” 
May 21–23, 2012
Registered as a speaker at the Heartland Institute‘s 7th International Conference on Climate Change (ICCC7). 
DeSmogBlog researched the co-sponsors behind Heartland’s ICCC7 and found that they had collectively received over $67 million from ExxonMobil, the Koch Brothers and the conservative Scaife family foundations.
Arnett’s speech, titled “Global Warming and Human Health Effects” can be viewed below.
August 3–5, 2007
Speaker at the 25th Annual Meeting for Doctors for Disaster Preparedness (DDP). The meeting was cosponsored by Access to Energy, the Oregon Institute of Science and Medicine, and Physicians for Civil Defense.
Arnett’s speech was titled “Air Pollution, Tobacco, and the Scientific Method.” 
- American Council on Science and Health (ACSH) — Scientific Advisor.
- Competitive Enterprise Institute (CEI) — Adjunct Scholar. 
- The Heartland Institute — “Expert.” 
According to his profile at the Competitive Enterprise Institute, Arnett has been published in the medical journals Chest, Annals of Internal Medicine, Journal of Trauma, and the West Virginia Medical Journal.
He has also had articles published in the Wall Street Journal, American Spectator, and the Providence Journal.
- “Jerome Arnett,” Profile at the Competitive Enterprise Institute. Accessed May, 2012.
- Jerome C. Arnett Jr. “Unstoppable Global Warming: Every 1,500 Years,” Association of American Physicians and Surgeons, Summer 2007. Retrieved from Findarticles.com.
- Jerome Arnett Jr. “Scientific Evidence Shows Secondhand Smoke Is No Danger,” The Heartlander, July 1, 2008.
- “7th International Conference on Climate Change, Program,” (PDF) Heartland Institute. Archived February 20, 2018.
- “‘Category 5 Denial’ v. Confronting the Real Threats to America,” DDPOnline. Accessed May, 2012.
- “Experts: Jerome Arnett Jr., M.D.”, The Heartland Institute. Accessed May, 2012.