Talent Market is a Virginia-based non-profit recruitment agency which aims to “bring talent and liberty together to make the world a better place,” according to its website. Talent Market provides “consulting and recruiting services to think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity building institutions that primarily focus on reducing the size and scope of government and advancing the principles of economic freedom, free enterprise, free trade, property rights, rule of law, and limited regulation.” , 
Described by the New York Times previously as the “right wing’s casting agency,” the Center for Media and Democracy reports that the organization was set up in 2009 as an “owned entity” of Donors Trust, which has been called a “dark money ATM” of the US conservative movement. Talent Market is now listed as a “program service” on 990 forms of Donors Trust. , , , 
Talent Market states that it has worked with “over 200 non-profits,” placing “more than 500 individuals in key roles in the free-market nonprofit sector.” 
The organization was founded by the then-President and CEO of Donors Trust Whitney Ball, President of the State Policy Network (SPN) Tracie Sharp, and Talent Market Executive Director Claire Kittle Dixon, according to the Center for Media and Democracy. 
Claire Kittle Dixon, now Talent Market’s executive director, was previously Program Officer for Leadership and Talent Development at the Charles Koch Foundation, according to Talent Market’s website. During that time, Kittle launched and managed two talent programs, the Koch Associate Program and the Koch Internship Program. Kittle has also served as the Vice President and Director of Research of the Buckeye Institute, an Ohio-based thinktank that is part of the Koch-funded State Policy Network. The organization’s Talent Manager, Lauren Skiver, was previously Grants Coordinator at the Charles Koch Foundation and subsequently Outreach Manager at Donors Trust. 
Talent Market has assisted with recruitment for Utah State University’s Center for Growth and Opportunity, a thinktank created in 2017 following a $50 million joint donation from the Charles Koch Foundation and the Huntsman Foundation. A School of Business professor at the university told the Guardian that the center’s purpose was to “persuade these policy makers about public lands, anti-green energy and such” and that it was “not academically sound research.” , , 
Talent Market has been criticized by the advocacy group “UnKoch My Campus” for interfering in the recruitment process at different universities, citing examples at Florida State University, Auburn University, Clemson University, University of Louisville, Western Carolina University and Wake Forest University, in addition to Utah State University. 
Stance on Climate Change
Talent Market has not expressed a view on climate change but recruits staff for free-market organizations which have cast doubt on climate science and/or lobbied against policies to reduce emissions, such as the Heartland Institute. 
Talent Market is a “program service” provided by the right-wing funding network, Donors Trust, with much of its expenses covered by the Trust, according to 990 forms. 
The following is based on data archived at Conservative Transparency, combined with 990 tax form review by DeSmog. 
See the attached spreadsheet for more information on Talent Market funding by year (.xlsx).
|Sarah Scaife Foundation||$210,000||$210,000|
|The Lynde and Harry Bradley Foundation||$30,000||$100,000||$130,000|
|Donors Capital Fund||$100,000||$5,000||$105,000|
|Charles G Koch Charitable Foundation||$50,000||$50,000||$100,000|
|The Roe Foundation||$10,000||$10,000||$10,000||$10,000||$10,000||$50,000|
|FM Kirby Foundation||$10,000||$10,000||$10,000||$10,000||$40,000|
|Dodge Jones Foundation||$5,000||$5,000||$10,000||$20,000|
|American Legislative Exchange Council||$12,500||$7,500||$20,000|
|Diana Davis Spencer Foundation||$2,000||$5,000||$5,000||$12,000|
|Chase Foundation of Virginia||$3,000||$3,000||$3,000||$3,000||$12,000|
|State Policy Network||$5,000||$5,000||$10,000|
|Americans for Prosperity Foundation||$10,000||$10,000|
|John William Pope Foundation||$10,000||$10,000|
|Franklin Center for Government & Public Integrity||$6,000||$6,000|
|Illinois Policy Institute||$5,000||$5,000|
|The Randolph Foundation||$5,000||$5,000|
|The Vernon K. Krieble Foundation||$1,000||$1,000||$2,000|
Talent Market is owned by DonorsTrust. Related 990 forms below:
|Claire Kittle Dixon||Y||Y||Y||Y||Executive Director|
|Katy Gambella||Y||Network Engagement Manager|
|Lauren Skiver||Y||Y||Y||Talent Manager|
|Ann C. Fitzgerald||Y||Y||Y||President, A.C. Fitzgerald & Associates|
|Bridgett G. Wagner||Y||Y||Y||Vice President for External Relations, The Heritage Foundation|
|Lawrence W. Reed||Y||Y||Y||President, Foundation for Economic Education|
|Marty Zupan||Y||Y||Y||President Emeritus, Institute for Humane Studies|
|Roger R. Ream||Y||Y||Y||President, The Fund for American Studies|
|Shari Williams||Y||Y||Y||Executive Director, The Vernon K. Krieble Foundation|
|Tracie J. Sharp||Y||Y||Y||President & CEO, State Policy Network|
|Whitney L. Ball||Y||Y||President & CEO, DonorsTrust|
October 30, 2018
Claire Kittle Dixon joined the board of America’s Future Foundation, a network for young conservatives and libertarians and a member of the State Policy Network of right-wing thinktanks. 
March 6, 2016
The New York Times reported that Talent Market had been “involved at every step” in recruiting new staff members for the Wisconsin-based Lynde and Harry Bradley Foundation, which has funded numerous conservative causes, including anti-union campaigns. The Foundation has close ties to Republican Governor Scott Walker and has donated to Koch-backed libertarian thinktanks, including Americans for Prosperity and the Competitive Enterprise Institute, as well as the climate science denying free-market thinktank, the Heartland Institute. , , 
Talent Market has recruited staff members for a wide number of groups within the Koch Network. 
Below is a sample of clients that have been listed on the Talent Market website over several years:
Below is a sample of job postings, including number of postings, by year. Note this is not a complete listing, but based on a snapshot of a single month each year of postings, via the Internet Archive.
View the attached spreadsheet for a full listing of job listings by group on the Talent Market website (xlsx).
Contact & Address
Talent Market’s contact details listed on its website are: 
1800 Diagonal Road, Suite 280
Alexandria, VA 22314
- @TalentMarket on Twitter.
- @TalentMarket on Facebook.
- “Homepage,” Talent Market. Archived July 2, 2019. Archive.fo URL: http://archive.fo/6EWag
- “About,” Talent Market. Archived July 2, 2019. Archive.fo URL: https://archive.fo/MSmIC
- Noam Sheiber. “The Right Wing’s Casting Agency, and Its Agent,” New York Times, March 6, 2016. Archived July 2, 2019. Archive.fo URL: http://archive.fo/23YM6
- David Armiak. “Talent Market: The Libertarian Headhunting Firm Serving the Koch Network and the Bradley Foundation,” TruthOut, July 2, 2017. Archived July 2, 2019. Archive.fo URL: http://archive.fo/ruoU2
- Andy Kroll. “Exposed: The Dark-Money ATM of the Conservative Movement,” Mother Jones, February 5, 2013. Archived July 2, 2019. Archived .pdf on file at DeSmog.
- “Donors Trust 990,” 2016. Archived July 2, 2019. Archive.fo URL: http://archive.fo/3L9gl
- “Success,” Talent Market. Archived July 2, 2019. Archive.fo URL: http://archive.fo/jp4qK
- “Our Team,” Talent Market. Archived July 2, 2019. Archive.fo URL: http://archive.fo/svisD
- “Careers,” Center for Growth and Opportunity. Archived July 2, 2019. Archived .pdf on file at DeSmog.
- Alison Berg, Carter Moore. “Charles Koch gave $25m to our university. Has it become a rightwing mouthpiece?” The Guardian, May 2, 2019. Archived July 2, 2019. Archive.fo URL: http://archive.fo/4VwBz
- “USU Huntsman School of Business Receives $50 Million Gift,” Utah State University, May 6, 2017. Archived July 2, 2019. Archive.fo URL: http://archive.fo/NDuhL
- “2. Donor Influence In Hiring,” UnKoch My Campus. Archived July 2, 2019. Archive.fo URL: http://archive.fo/fNlAu
- “Director of Development – The Heartland Institute – Northwest Chicago, IL,” Talent Market, June 24, 2019. Archived July 2, 2019. Archive.fo URL: http://archive.fo/vrgKT
- “Talent Market,” Conservative Transparency. Archived July 2, 2019. Archived .pdf on file at DeSmog.
- “Meet the Newest Members of AFF’s Board!” America’s Future Foundation, October 30, 2018. Archived July 2, 2019. Archive.fo URL: http://archive.fo/9KObo
- John McCormick. “The Conservative Group Behind Scott Walker’s Political Rise,” Bloomberg, March 31, 2015. Archived July 2, 2019. Archive.fo URL: http://archive.fo/sXVfR
- “2008 Award Grants,” The Lynde and Harry Bradley Foundation. Archived June 3, 2011. Archived .pdf on file at DeSmog.
- “Job Openings,” Talent Market. Archived July 2, 2019. Archive.fo URL: http://archive.fo/Cul9J
- “Contact,” Talent Market. Archived July 2, 2019. Archive.fo URL: http://archive.fo/scdQq
- “Talent Market,” SourceWatch.