Zbigniew Jaworowski (Deceased)
- M.D., Medical Academy in Krakow, 1952. 
- Ph.D., Natural Sciences (doktor nauk przyrodniczych), 1963. 
- D.Sc., Natural Sciences (doktor habilitowany nauk przyrodniczych), 1967. 
Zbigniew Jaworowski was a professor of atomic radiation and an outspoken critic of mainstream climate science. He passed away in November 2011. 
Joworowski was formerly the Chairman of UNSCEAR (United Nations Scientific Committee on the Effects of Atomic Radiations) from 1981 to 1982. 
The Council describes its mandate as follows:
“Its mandate in the United Nations system is to assess and report levels and effects of exposure to ionizing radiation. Governments and organizations throughout the world rely on the Committee’s estimates as the scientific basis for evaluating radiation risk and for establishing protective measures.”
Stance on Climate Change
“The basis of most of the IPCC conclusions on anthropogenic causes and on projections of climatic change is the assumption of low level of CO2 in the pre-industrial atmosphere. This assumption, based on glaciological studies, is false. Therefore IPCC projections should not be used for national and global economic planning.” 
“The climatically inefficient and economically disastrous Kyoto Protocol, based on IPCC projections, was correctly defined by President George W. Bush as “fatally flawed”. This criticism was recently followed by the President of Russia Vladimir V. Putin. I hope that their rational views might save the world from enormous damage that could be induced by implementing recommendations based on distorted science.” 
December 13, 2007
Jaworowski signed a letter to the Secretary-General of the United Nations in 2007 that calls global warming “a natural phenomenon that has affected humanity through the ages,” defined carbon dioxide as “a non-polluting gas that is essential to plant photosynthesis,” and claimed the UN‘s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change‘s reports “quite inadequate as justification for implementing policies that will markedly diminish future prosperity.” 
Jaworowski was a speaker at a forum under the Royal Institute of Technology (KTH) titled “Global Warming – Scientific Controversies in Climate Variability,” held in September, 2006. 
The forum discussed how “global cooling is predicted based on aspects related to solar cycles,” and describes that “there is no reliable evidence to support that the 20th century was the warmest in the last 1000 years.”
April 6, 2006
Jaworowski was a signatory of a 2006 open letter to Prime Minister Stephen Harper that denied the existence of climate change while urging inaction on climate policy.
March 19, 2004
Authored a statement titled “Climate change: incorrect information on pre-industrial CO2“ which he claims was a “statement written for the hearing before the US Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation.” 
However, there is no record that Jaworowski ever made such a presentation to the US Senate, or provided this paper to them. 
Despite no record of Jawarowski presenting to the committee, Steve Milloy wrote a Fox News Op-Ed stating that Jaworowski had presented to the Senate Committee. 
- International Climate Change Assessment Project (ICECAP) — “Expert.” 
- Biological Effects of Low Level Exposures group (BELLE) — “International Member.” 
- The European Science and Environment Forum (ESEF) — “Academic Member” as of March, 1998. ESEF is now defunct. 
Sponsors for BELLE include British American Tobacco, ExxonMobil, Phillip Morris and R.J. Reynolds Tobacco.
According to a search of 22,000 academic journals, Jaworowski has published 17 research articles in peer-reviewed journals, mainly on the subject of radioactivity.
According to a search of Google Scholar, Jaworowski has published some articles on climate, in skeptical journals such as Energy & Environment:
- Zbigniew Jaworowski. “Solar Cycles, Not CO2, Determine Climate” (PDF),
21st Century Science & Technology, Winter 2003-2004.
- “Nature Rules the Climate,” Energy & Environment, Volume 16, Number 1 (January 2005).
- “Curriculum Vitae of Zbigniew Jaworowski,” angelfire.com. Accessed January, 2012.
- “Officers of UNSCEAR,” United Nations Scientific Committee on the Effects of Atomic Radiation. Accessed January, 2012.
- “Climate Change: Incorrect information on pre-industrial CO2,” Statement of Prof. Zbigniew Jaworowski, March 19, 2004. Warwickhughes.com.
- “Open Letter to the Secretary-General of the United Nations,” December 13, 2007. Reprinted by the Science and Public Policy Institute.
- “A wide-ranging debate at the KTH Climate Seminar, September 11-12th 2006,” gamma.physchem.kthe.se.
- “‘Written for the Hearing before the US Senate…” Some are Boojums, April 28, 2005. Archived May 11, 2012.
- Steven J. Milloy. “Hot Air Hysteria,” FoxNews.com, March 15, 2006. Republished by the Competitive Enterprise Institute.
- “Experts,” ICECAP. Accessed January, 2012.
- “Advisory Committee,” Biological Effects of Low Level Exposures. Accessed January, 2012.
- Robert Nilsson. “Environmental Tobacco Smoke Revisited: The reliability of the evidence for risk of lung cancer and cardiovascular desease,” The European Science and Environment Forum, March 1998. Retrieved from Truth Tobacco Industry Documents library. Bates Number : 518988738-518988770.
- “Dr. Zbigniew Jaworowski, A Scientist Who Fought For Truth,” Larouche PAC, November 14, 2011. Archived October 4, 2017. Archive.is URL: https://archive.is/rhlvH